Project Varatrackerstorm or Firetrackerdero.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Project Varatrackerstorm or Firetrackerdero.

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:00 am This battery box is giving me grief, well tbh it's not only the box. It's also the thought of making all the other bits that'll be made from aluminium also.

The plan is to make a battery box, front & side number boards & various brackets from the aluminium sheet I bought a while back.

I cleared out Lidl of their cutting/flap/polishing discs a few months ago, but the thought of cutting inside radius's was still going to be a drag & didn't give me any encouragement.

So whilst looking on eBay for a 5 meter mig gun.. I spotted a small Plasma cutter.

A bid & a quick trip to a pub on Saddleworth moor & hay-presto, 50kg of beautiful blue motivation.

Here's a picky of the cut, ignore the mig welds, a nitrogen/co2 mix gives crap welds btw

That sounds like a bad case of T.M.F.S. (Twitchy Mouse Finger Syndrome) to me :lol:
A nice bit of kit you have got yourself there :thumbup:

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Thanks Chris :thumbup:

I've not done anymore cutting as these things require super clean air. It has a water trap built in but I'm waiting for another inline filter/separator to arrive.

Well tbh it's my Christmas prezzie & was only allowed to "test" it once..

So in the meantime I've been purchasing some consumables & gizmo's/stocking fillers

Here they are.

And finally one of these to conker my bad case of T.M.F.S. (Twitchy Mouse Finger Syndrome) :lol:

All from China so fingers crossed :thumbup:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Right then, Christmas is here again & I've been busy looking for things to buy myself :D

So, last night whilst aching all over after being on all fours most of the day swapping over a mates rusty Yamaha MT07 swingarm for a newly powder coated jobbie, I collapse in front of the pc for a relax.

Plan was to relax & to catch up on the days bargains that have slipped through my ebay watch list fingers.

Whilst scanning Varadero parts I see Hens teeth, er I mean Varadero engine bolts. Woohoo, A few key strokes later they're mine.

Then I have a quick look-see at what other wonders this chap has for grab's.. OMG. It was like Santa's Grotto.

So, after getting up at 4AM this morning to cut the grass, wash her car, hoover the house, change the bed & do the ironing as the washing machine was on it's 6th load.. we sit down to a full English breakfast.. whilst eating I mention to her sheepishly that I've "luckily" managed to find the perfect Christmas prezzie for myself & would it be possible to have a cheeky bid?

Boom, works every time. After a small trip this morning & a little bit of haggling the sleigh was loaded up & heading homeward once again :silent:

Next job is to hide everything bar the engine bolts :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That’s the way to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I like it :lol: 8) :thumbup:

It sounds like you have TMFS quite seriously :eh:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol i love the fact your a maniac lol :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm I like it :lol: 8) :thumbup:

Chris.
Cheers Chris :thumbup:

BTW, what does TMFS mean? I did google search :lol:

***** TMFS To My Future Spouse
*** TMFS Trial Master Files
*** TMFS Transport Model for Scotland
* TMFS Trophic Magnification Factors
* TMFS Telephone Magnetic Field Simulator
* TMFS The Mutual Fund Store
* TMFS Turbo Machines Field Services
* TMFS The Miller Family Sunset
* TMFS Table Mountain Field Site
* TMFS The Mutual Fund Show
* TMFS Tracker Marine Financial Services

I just hope it's not "Too much feckin stuff" :lol: :thumbup:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm lol i love the fact your a maniac lol :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ha, that's rich coming from a man with too lathes :lol: :thumbup:

TBH Fabio it's been on the cards for a while & I tried to do it sneakily. Remember the engine I bought for the manual tensioners :wink:

It's too close to Christmas for this mojor'ish bike bits purchase nonsense. Those aren't my words btw :roll:

So, it looks as if my covers been blown, because the inevitable heavy conversation about why do I need another frame has arisen.

To give you an idea of the scene. Just imagine looking at a half cut woman swigging gin from the bottle in a dimly lit room watching a sad part of Bridget Jones diary, balling her eyes out. Now swap the screen she's looking at to me, get the idea..

Not too sure what this frame will turn into Fab, but It's going into storage for now.

I've been thinking of maybe a bobber or increase the rake for a chopper of sorts? SSSwingers are getting cheaper too :think:

One things for sure, I'll have to man up & sort this battery box nonsense out first :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 am
sirch345 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm I like it :lol: 8) :thumbup:

Chris.
Cheers Chris :thumbup:

BTW, what does TMFS mean? I did google search :lol:

***** TMFS To My Future Spouse
*** TMFS Trial Master Files
*** TMFS Transport Model for Scotland
* TMFS Trophic Magnification Factors
* TMFS Telephone Magnetic Field Simulator
* TMFS The Mutual Fund Store
* TMFS Turbo Machines Field Services
* TMFS The Miller Family Sunset
* TMFS Table Mountain Field Site
* TMFS The Mutual Fund Show
* TMFS Tracker Marine Financial Services

I just hope it's not "Too much feckin stuff" :lol: :thumbup:
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: that is ace mate, your wife most likely thinks it means the later "Too much feckin stuff" :lol: :thumbup:
BTW there is no known cure for TMFS :problem:
Varastorm wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:16 am
One things for sure, I'll have to man up & sort this battery box nonsense out first :thumbup:
Hear hear :wink: :D

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I love the way you think you are manipulating your Mrs, but you also know she has the measure of you and at some point she will have given you enough rope to hang your self.

the eternal dance, balancing the needs of motorbikes and marriage, played out to the sound track of angle grinding and e bay mouse clicking :lol:

you lead the way for the rest of us :clap:
AMcQ
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 pm I love the way you think you are manipulating your Mrs, but you also know she has the measure of you and at some point she will have given you enough rope to hang your self.

the eternal dance, balancing the needs of motorbikes and marriage, played out to the sound track of angle grinding and e bay mouse clicking :lol:

:lol: :lol: Cracker AMCQ46, bang on as usual :clap: :thumbup:

Tbh, she can't say too much as she's had a new car a few weeks ago. So it's not too one sided.

Crazy really, She's happy with the motor & I'm happy like a pig in sh1t with an old Varadero frame'n bits :D

Right then, my mates been around for a nosey at my purchase & he's come up with an idea for a seat for the tracker.

It's still in the early stages (building it in my head), but he's given me a Screwfix kneeling mat. It's just about big enough & it's made from superbly supple memory foam.

I've attacked one edge with a flap wheel & it leaves a really tidy edge. Photo's to follow.

I'm back to heat gunning paint from architraves & doors :( listening to RATM Greatest hits :D aka keeping her happy 8)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i work on the theory its always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :eek2 :eek2 plus i sneek bits in after dark lol

or, no no thats not mine im minding it for(pick a person she will never meet) :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 pm I love the way you think you are manipulating your Mrs, but you also know she has the measure of you and at some point she will have given you enough rope to hang your self.

:lol: :thumbup:
AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 pm the eternal dance, balancing the needs of motorbikes and marriage, played out to the sound track of angle grinding and e bay mouse clicking :lol:

Very well summed up Al :clap: :lol:

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:56 pm i work on the theory its always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :eek2 :eek2 plus i sneek bits in after dark lol

or, no no thats not mine im minding it for(pick a person she will never meet) :clap:
That's a good idea, never thought of that :clap:

I was thinking of you dressing a lathe in one of those 2 man pantomime donkey outfits.

Hey love meet Colchester, found him roaming in the street :angel:

Poor sod, in ye come lad (que violin music) :lol: :beer:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Varastorm wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:40 pm
fabiostar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:56 pm i work on the theory its always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :eek2 :eek2 plus i sneek bits in after dark lol

That's a good idea, never thought of that :clap:

I was thinking of you dressing a lathe in one of those 2 man pantomime donkey outfits.

Hey love meet Colchester, found him roaming in the street :angel:

Poor sod, in ye come lad (que violin music) :lol: :beer:
lmfao brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: