Project Blue MK2

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Project Blue MK2

Post by sirch345 »

The yokes look great 8) they must make a difference to the standard set-up I'm sure,

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

sirch345 wrote:The yokes look great 8) they must make a difference to the standard set-up I'm sure,

Chris.
Yes Chris. Quite a thick bottom yoke. Quite happy with it and as a result a member here is having the fork brace I bought some time ago. Loving how they look.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

StormyRob wrote:Just spray on hammerite. I'll see how it goes after a few runs but I think it should be OK.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Thanks Rob for the info :thumbup:

Those bottom yokes with three bolts on each side and being so much more heavy duty should definitely make a big difference 8)

Chris.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I'm really jealous of the yokes but they won't fit my 50mm forks, although if you ever want to let go of the front end I could be persuaded lol
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTR Phoenix wrote:I'm really jealous of the yokes but they won't fit my 50mm forks, although if you ever want to let go of the front end I could be persuaded lol
I definitely think the front end is now totally sorted. You'd know!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bikes looking good, especially the yokes :twisted:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:Bikes looking good, especially the yokes :twisted:
I will admit to being jealous of those yokes, I've always thought the oem yokes could do with upgrading. well done for getting your hands on them mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Vtrphoenix came to lend a hand a couple of days ago which was much appreciated again.
Unfortunately I had a couple of leaky side casings. Entirely my own fault and progress had to be halted.

Anyway the next day I drained the oil and fixed all leaks with thr new gaskets. Was pretty happy. Then I eventually fired her up. I was very unhappy as I saw another leak on one of the return lines. Just tiny but enough to see the oil coming out a strange colour so I drained the lot

Absolute crapped it. Bit of a panic but I let the oil sit overnight to see how much water there was. There was barely any. So I think what's happened is condensation has caused a build up of moisture which mixed with the oil when hot.
The engine has also been moved around over the last three months having bolts taken out and painted etc.
I filled her up today and ran her with coolant and she is not pulling in coolant so whatever was in there is not being added to. When the oil is hot it's not clear but it's certainly not milky in any way. Settles to a nice clear colour fairly quickly. I will be draining and filling once more just to be extra happy.

She does run a little rough. First thing will be a Carb balance which Vtrphoenix is assisting with on Monday. If that sorts it I'll be a happy bunny.

I have started to add more bulk to the bike. Will need a couple of brackets and tiny bits but happy so far. Have to bring the tank back to have the decals lacquered on. However I kinda like the non decal look. Maybe that's just me.

I finally managed to get the rearsets on. Jonesy helped by putting a spring in the master as you can see. Both are a little stiff. I may have to take them off and lube them up.

All in all I'm becoming happier as it's getting closer. Hopefully be ready for Grainstorm. Whether she makes it the whole trip is another story and her first real test

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh, so to speak, not the flesh from all the scraped knuckels ect...

Good work Rob. Give yourself a cyber pat on the back...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Well done so far, final push and it'll be fine.
I'm looking forward to seeing it roll into Grainstorm.
But you might want to clean up the rusty bracket holding the shock protector flap on!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:Well done so far, final push and it'll be fine.
But you might want to clean up the rusty bracket holding the shock protector flap on!
Or better still take it off & fit a hugger...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Well done so far, final push and it'll be fine.
Or better still take it off & fit a hugger...
He's got enough work to do- a daub of Hammerite will do for now. Don't go giving him the excuse of "waiting for parts".......

Get on with it, man.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that's starting to come together nicely, you might want to loosen the rear brake line banjo at the mc end, and spin the brake line around 180 degree's.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Yea the rusty bracket.

That's the third time it's been mentioned :lol:

I'm just going to sand it down I think.

Re a hugger I had one and got rid as I didn't want one.

I find the banjo pushes itself out by the rearsets when it's rotated but I'll try again now the heel guard is in and perhaps put another retaining clip on
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That's looking tidy Rob,
I like the look without the hugger but still fitted one to my fighter as my undertray is painted and didn't want it to get chipped with stones and debris :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project