Bring on 2017

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Mav617

Bring on 2017

Post by Mav617 »

Dug her out of the garage for the first blast of 2017. Winter hasn't touched her (still teal though)

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
StormyRob

Re: Bring on 2017

Post by StormyRob »

You're a lucky man. Mine is still in many many pieces all over the place.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Been for a blast of about 60 miles today. Must get them carbs sync'd.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Been for a blast of about 60 miles today. Must get them carbs sync'd.
7 weeks till GrainStorm IV... :thumbup:

If you really cant wait that long pop over & we can do it anyway...Do you have the front take off point ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

looking well sir :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bikes looking good mate.
my 2017 started on the 9th of jan..... :wink:
I can't understand what all you fair weather riders are banging on about.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i can't wait to ride mine in a bit of anger to try the suspension out now its been changed, I've not really leant it right over or fast through a bend, i do know it feels so much better and doesn't seem to drift out of bends but i can't wait for a hot dry day to rag it a bit. skiing next week then on the bike as much as possible with some tome on my hands too. Ya Storms looking great Mav :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Tsk bloody softies...Been out on mine several times over the winter...Partly non healed fractured collar bone not withstanding... :lol:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Been for a blast of about 60 miles today. Must get them carbs sync'd.
I get that carb sync feeling as well Al. what are the symptoms that make you think that ?. mine lurches and misses at about 3,300 rpm ( unless you are gunning it).

mine has got a scottoiler on it. am I right in thinking that has a connection to the carbs that governs the lube feed can that be used for carb balancing ?? ( I might have imagined that last bit :lol: )

im looking forward to the nice weather in 2017 to see if my shoulder is any good for riding. ive been having physio on it for about 6 months . still not 100% but getting better :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:
I get that carb sync feeling as well Al. what are the symptoms that make you think that ?. mine lurches and misses at about 3,300 rpm ( unless you are gunning it).

mine has got a scottoiler on it. am I right in thinking that has a connection to the carbs that governs the lube feed can that be used for carb balancing ?? ( I might have imagined that last bit :lol: )

im looking forward to the nice weather in 2017 to see if my shoulder is any good for riding. ive been having physio on it for about 6 months . still not 100% but getting better :thumbup:
Yes if you already have the T in the tube for the scott oiler your half way there...You just need to get the feed from the front take off point...Brass adapter & a lenght of vac hose...
oldburnthippy

Post by oldburnthippy »

MacV2 wrote:Tsk bloody softies...Been out on mine several times over the winter...Partly non healed fractured collar bone not withstanding... :lol:

I remember when I were a lad riding 150 miles through 20 feet of snow with two broken ankles and t'mother in law in t' sidecar......................

Stupidly enough the first bit is true :oops:
My darling wife has many faults
But I have only two
Every bloody thing I say
And everything I do
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

oldburnthippy wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Tsk bloody softies...Been out on mine several times over the winter...Partly non healed fractured collar bone not withstanding... :lol:

I remember when I were a lad riding 150 miles through 20 feet of snow with two broken ankles and t'mother in law in t' sidecar......................

Stupidly enough the first bit is true :oops:
Shut it Pup...I've got two years on you...call yourself old ? You don't kow the half of it me laddo...Youth of today coming on hear...ect ect...

:lol: :lol:
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

bigtwinthing wrote:i can't wait to ride mine in a bit of anger to try the suspension out now its been changed, I've not really leant it right over or fast through a bend, i do know it feels so much better and doesn't seem to drift out of bends but i can't wait for a hot dry day to rag it a bit. skiing next week then on the bike as much as possible with some tome on my hands too. Ya Storms looking great Mav :thumbup:
don't get too excited about how far you will lean it over, on the Wales trip most bends I was scrapping the pegs.... She ain't no storm.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bazza696 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:i can't wait to ride mine in a bit of anger to try the suspension out now its been changed, I've not really leant it right over or fast through a bend, i do know it feels so much better and doesn't seem to drift out of bends but i can't wait for a hot dry day to rag it a bit. skiing next week then on the bike as much as possible with some tome on my hands too. Ya Storms looking great Mav :thumbup:
don't get too excited about how far you will lean it over, on the Wales trip most bends I was scrapping the pegs.... She ain't no storm.

i have fitted a slightly longer shock so hopefully i will get it over a bit further. I was following my mate last year on his R6. he didn't lose me.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!