My Ride

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTR3545

My Ride

Post by VTR3545 »

Only screen and cans are aftermarket but I have added some other stuff photo to follow Image Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
StormyRob

Re: My Ride

Post by StormyRob »

That is bloody shiny
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

StormyRob wrote:That is bloody shiny
Cheers.....get bored polish it......in garage polish it...lol Image

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

My poor bike has no home until the weekend...but then she'll be warm :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Looking good :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Looks very nice mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

StormyRob wrote:My poor bike has no home until the weekend...but then she'll be warm :)

Nooooooo.....hope it's well covered and locked

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTR3545 wrote:
StormyRob wrote:My poor bike has no home until the weekend...but then she'll be warm :)

Haha you are nearly at 50 posts mate. There's an excuse to reply to me!
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

StormyRob wrote:
VTR3545 wrote:

Haha you are nearly at 50 posts mate. There's an excuse to reply to me!
Excuse used.....cheers Image

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tidy looking bike sir.. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

At first I thought it was the light playing tricks on me but you have added some pinstriping. Nice Fabbri screen too. And those cans...they say Honda on them. Now I may be mistaken but are they HRC exhausts? What products do you use to keep it clean and shiny?
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

VTRDark wrote:At first I thought it was the light playing tricks on me but you have added some pinstriping. Nice Fabbri screen too. And those cans...they say Honda on them. Now I may be mistaken but are they HRC exhausts? What products do you use to keep it clean and shiny?
Not HRC...if only ....Thought they were a bit plain so I put those foil decals on....they are Scorpion.....
Shiny is done using Autoglym super resin polish .... turtle wax ice paste wax ... very regular touch up with Meguirs detail spray containing carnuba wax. Probably bordering on compulsuve lol....Stainless cans etc done with autoglym metal polish

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have heard good thing about the Autoglym resin polish. I'm a big fan of Bilt Hamber products, especially the Hydra wax and Surfex HD. Just purchased some Autobrite Engine protectant and have some Auto Finise Revive Trim Dressing as well as some Bilt Double Speed Wax on the way to try. I can't recommend Bilts products enough. Hydra is absolutely fantastic especially if used over some Finis-Wax. Auto -Wheel too, absolutely fantastic but that is a bit too pricey for what you get. All good stuff. The only product from them I haven't got on with is the Auto-Balm. I found it hard to apply and buff up. I possibly used too much as very little is required.

Surfex is so versatile it's unbelievable. Water it down loads, like 90% and it can be used on Kitchen work surfaces or use it neat or water down 20% and it cleans grease and oil off your patio brickwork / concrete slabs. I water it down by about 30 - 40% for general purpose oil and grease remover off my bike engine and other areas. That's a strong mix for that stuff. It can even be used as a carpet cleaner watered down loads. Amazing stuff and eco-friendly. Use it neat on thick built up grease and grime behind your front sprocket cover and you would be amazed. You just have to make sure to rinse it all down and not let it dry on things like engine casing or it can leave White streaks if too strong a mix. I buy that stuff 5l at a time. Simply amazing gear.
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

VTRDark wrote:I have heard good thing about the Autoglym resin polish. I'm a big fan of Bilt Hamber products, especially the Hydra wax and Surfex HD. Just purchased some Autobrite Engine protectant and have some Auto Finise Revive Trim Dressing as well as some Bilt Double Speed Wax on the way to try. I can't recommend Bilts products enough. Hydra is absolutely fantastic especially if used over some Finis-Wax. Auto -Wheel too, absolutely fantastic but that is a bit too pricey for what you get. All good stuff. The only product from them I haven't got on with is the Auto-Balm. I found it hard to apply and buff up. I possibly used too much as very little is required.

Surfex is so versatile it's unbelievable. Water it down loads, like 90% and it can be used on Kitchen work surfaces or use it neat or water down 20% and it cleans grease and oil off your patio brickwork / concrete slabs. I water it down by about 30 - 40% for general purpose oil and grease remover off my bike engine and other areas. That's a strong mix for that stuff. It can even be used as a carpet cleaner watered down loads. Amazing stuff and eco-friendly. Use it neat on thick built up grease and grime behind your front sprocket cover and you would be amazed. You just have to make sure to rinse it all down and not let it dry on things like engine casing or it can leave White streaks if too strong a mix. I buy that stuff 5l at a time. Simply amazing gear.
Great info....so where do you get the stuff as it sounds like it's good.....like the sound of degreasing.. ..i usually just take sprocket off remove what excess I can then use paraffin and a toothbrush to remove the rest.....is it ant goid up use for cleaning lube etc from rear wheels and what about the chain or is it too harsh for the o rings..

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Paraffin is harsh by comparison. I've never had issues using it on the chain but I wouldn't like to use it neat. A general strong mix 30 - 40% watered down works a treat. Spray on and give a bit of agitation with a stiff brush and rinse off.

I did put an in-line link in the above post but here it is direct. Oh I forgot to mention, they are British firm too. Lets support small independant British businesses :thumbup:

https://www.bilthamber.com/