A few changes

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
mags@port

Re: A few changes

Post by mags@port »

Effing brilliant, may as well do my linkage also. I could say to her indoors that it's for the next time her mother comes round, I bloody well hang the bi".......... Peas.
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh use the rear wheel spindle to knock out the swingarm spindle. Slide the right hand side rearset over the Swingarm spindle and and knock it back through pushing the wheel spindle back out and replace the Left side. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Cheers lads, will do oveR the next few nights when I get a chance. Hopefully get a run this weekend to try her out.
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

That trick works a treat using the axle spindle, will,connect up everything else later in the week. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 pm Last two shock linkage servicing sessions in progress on the Storm

Good to see those shots once again Wicky :thumbup:
Just the job,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

mags@port wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm That trick works a treat using the axle spindle, will,connect up everything else later in the week. :thumbup:
Good isnlt it. If you have a spare one laying about it can even be done without lifting and / or removing the rear wheel. Iv'e done it on the sidestand before.
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

This is the current status of desert black!!,

mags@port

Post by mags@port »

A few more

mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Last two, still have mirrors to put on, then head for a wee run to rest her out up my private road. Will phone in morning to see if it a ticket can be done.

mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Then go round the whole bike to make sure all bolts are torqued up also.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That tank looks a bit Grumpy or is supposed to be Tartan...you could replace the tank pad with a sporran :lol:
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

:lol: , I know. But it will do just now until winter comes
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Just back from test run, and she is great. Need to make a few adjustments but I can do that from longer runs. Takes a bit getting used to it with new handle bars as I am used to the hanging over the tank, but it's good so far. The mirrors are pish, need to find longer ones for which I can see behind me apart from my shoulders, they are useless really, maybe handle bar mounted ones? And also bleed the clutch again as a bit snatchy, nothing is snagging or tight with turning so all is good just now.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You need some mirror extenders. See if you can get hold of Richard aka bsabloke on facebook who makes them. Here's a member here but doesn't come on much anymore memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11116

A second bleed on the clutch is a good idea now you have given it a run. Squeeze those last little bits of air out that will have shifted. :thumbup:
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Went for the mot today, and she passed no bother. Just play in the suspension arm being advised to look at. Apart from that, glad as fook. Got mirror extenders from bsabloke, and all is good with them.