Polishing the Turd

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTRDark

Re: Polishing the Turd

Post by VTRDark »

What are you going to use to get into the nooks and crannies in the welds? Lovin the customised workmate there :lol: Was that Mr Muscle oven cleaner you used?
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

motojohn wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:59 pm You have been a busy boy :clap:
You're certainly getting on with it,

Chris.
wait till you see it polished :beer:
I look forward to seeing all your hardwork :thumbup:

Chris.
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 pm What are you going to use to get into the nooks and crannies in the welds? Lovin the customised workmate there :lol: Was that Mr Muscle oven cleaner you used?
got the big buffer with a set of wheels from 2" to 12"for the most and a dremil for the small bits
If you think my attitude stinks ,you should smell my fingers !!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Anybody heard from Motojohn lately :?:

He was last on here 27th June '18,

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Hope he is ok I was enjoying the progress of his thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
motojohn

not a turd but a new project

Post by motojohn »

ImageImageImageImage
just bought this fine beast paid £450 with a sick motor , ran with no oil !! i may put the turds motor in it if all line up as it is a 2001 bike and the turd was a 1996 , all i did notice was the clocks are different to be honest i only bought it for the Harrison Billet 6 pot brakes that's how shallow i am :beer:
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 pm Anybody heard from Motojohn lately :?:

Chris.
sorry i bought a kit car and have been working on that . but now its got cold in the garage so im back with the bikes and have just bought number 2
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I saw that on fb yesterday and was tempted myself. Looks like you won’t lose out at that price, well done

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:49 am I saw that on fb yesterday and was tempted myself. Looks like you won’t lose out at that price, well done Image

I saw it as well.I thought Gabi bought it.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

Thats where i found it but it had to be a quick deal so i paid upfront for it sight unseen , but i did get the seller to to a live video of the bike just to prove it was his . its being picked up tonight hopefully
.its sounds like the bottom end has gone due to oil starvation so i hope it will be able to be rebuilt , or i will look for a motor for it or maybe a new crank
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

motojohn wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:28 am
sirch345 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 pm Anybody heard from Motojohn lately :?:

Chris.
sorry i bought a kit car and have been working on that . but now its got cold in the garage so im back with the bikes and have just bought number 2
No problem, so long as you're okay, thanks for the update :thumbup:
It sounds like you did well with your 2nd Storm purchase :D

Chris.
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

i have started working on the turd again after a long rest i do tend to to mad on a project and then just stop and look for something else so i bought a lotus 7 type kit car and worked on that all summer but now it getting very cold in the garage so back in the heated workshop i also bought a BMW k100 that will be a cafe racer project .but i have been thinking about getting back to the VTR as it still needs a good day on the polisher to finish the frame .
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

motojohn wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:32 pm i have started working on the turd again after a long rest i do tend to to mad on a project and then just stop and look for something else so i bought a lotus 7 type kit car and worked on that all summer but now it getting very cold in the garage so back in the heated workshop i also bought a BMW k100 that will be a cafe racer project .but i have been thinking about getting back to the VTR as it still needs a good day on the polisher to finish the frame .
aaah so your the vulture who got it lol :eek2 :eek2 i was asking about the calipers on FB then i see it sold :clap: great buy for that money :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

i saw the advert was getting a lot of interest and he said he was after around £400 ,so i offered him £450.
as i knew it was worth more ,and he was getting the usual silly offers of £200 so i went for it , had to pay upfront without seeing the bike but it was worth the risk.
i could double my money by breaking it for parts but im going to rebuild the engine ans get it back on the road
motojohn

Re: Polishing the Turd and now it shines

Post by motojohn »

been sat on this project for a while and after buying a second VTR1000 and fitting a new motor to that ,i decided it was time for some self indulgence on the polishing machine .
the motor is repainted all the cases are polished and a set of new radiators bought , just need some nice silicon hoses :beer: