Rev 3

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
8541Hawk

Rev 3

Post by 8541Hawk »

I did post over in the what did you do today thread but as this will be ongoing for a few months I figured I would start a new thread.

So for a quick catch up... While preping to pull the engine for pistons and cams and all that it was time to make a few other changes.
The bike was red for the first 10yrs or so then has been black for the next 10 and was getting a bit tired.
This is where I started:

So first was install a flo-commander on the pilot circuit as I have to be able to run from sea level to over 7K feet which does make things a bit busy in the airbox:

Then time for some new bodywork:

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
8541Hawk

Re: Rev 3

Post by 8541Hawk »

So today was spent adjusting the fit of the fairings and getting the tail cowl to fit properly on the sargent seat.

Then I got a visit from the carbon gnomes with these

The hugger should be here fri so more fun to be had soon :beer:
legendlives

Post by legendlives »

Very cool, but I quite like the black........ :o
I like my bikes like my women - Loud with two big cylinders :D
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You could get an Earth sticjer for the fuel cap :P Sorry I couldn't resist when I saw you sig :lol: The bike is looking great. I like the colours and the carbon parts will really balance things out but that frame is crying out for a carbon protector.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Nice
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

legendlives wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:56 am Very cool, but I quite like the black........ :o
Thanks but after actually closer to 12 yrs of being black it was time for a change :thumbup:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

VTRDark wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:15 am You could get an Earth sticjer for the fuel cap :P Sorry I couldn't resist when I saw you sig :lol: The bike is looking great. I like the colours and the carbon parts will really balance things out but that frame is crying out for a carbon protector.
Haven't you heard that I should only be allowed to post on facepage as I don't have a clue..... :wink:

As for the frame, I did see the carbon protectors, so now I need to decide if I want to pick up a set or just go with the black powder coat that I was planning when I have the engine out.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

That is looking well sir, well done :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
thelens

Post by thelens »

8541Hawk wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:00 pm
VTRDark wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:15 am You could get an Earth sticjer for the fuel cap :P Sorry I couldn't resist when I saw you sig :lol: The bike is looking great. I like the colours and the carbon parts will really balance things out but that frame is crying out for a carbon protector.
Haven't you heard that I should only be allowed to post on facepage as I don't have a clue..... :wink:

As for the frame, I did see the carbon protectors, so now I need to decide if I want to pick up a set or just go with the black powder coat that I was planning when I have the engine out.
Only on one singular subject lol
Your bike is looking superb and you clearly know a lot :) :thumbup:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

My hugger showed up :thumbup: and have been messing with the fitment. Not many choices out there anymore for the 93-95 brace.
About the only one still available, that I found, was the Air-Tech bit which is a bit longer than the "std" hugger. Not sure if I like it yet or will trim it down a touch.

So while I figure that out have been cleaning up the Akra carbon cans and of course the stickers decided to give up but luckily I found another set so more stuff to order....lol

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I was only thinking when I replied to your other post in what have you done to your "bike" today you should start a thread in Pimp Your Ride :thumbup:

As I said in the other thread, I like the new paint work :thumbup: the carbon parts should work well with it 8)
I think the rear hugger looks bigger than it actually is due to it being white,

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

8541Hawk wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:19 pm My hugger showed up :thumbup: and have been messing with the fitment. Not many choices out there anymore for the 93-95 brace.
About the only one still available, that I found, was the Air-Tech bit which is a bit longer than the "std" hugger. Not sure if I like it yet or will trim it down a touch.

So while I figure that out have been cleaning up the Akra carbon cans and of course the stickers decided to give up but luckily I found another set so more stuff to order....lol

I ran an Airtech hugger some years ago and cut it back as I felt it extended too far back (in my opinion of course)...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Finally got around to painting the hugger, was thinking about having it dipped for the carbon look but with the black swingarm and the carbon Akras it just seemed a bit too much black.
Though I might change my mind. I also left it full length for now.

Just waiting on the new stickers for the cans and I'll be good till the engine comes out :thumbup:

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Loving the benny sticker on there :thumbup: Now let me go and look up kurvygirl.com :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Benny would be well impressed I'm sure 8)

The hugger looks a lot better with the stickers/decals added :thumbup:

Chris.