My cool custom Hawk

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
apezman07

My cool custom Hawk

Post by apezman07 »

This is my 99 Hawk. The motor blew up so I recently got ahold of a 98 which is completely factory (expect exhaust) and in better condition than my 99. I'll be swapping the custom parts from my 99 to the 98 and parting out the rest (stay tuned later for list of parts I'll be selling).

Carrozzeria rims.
Front end & triple came from a 954rr.
Tail is from a 2008 1000rr.
2 into 1 exhaust with heat wrap.
Carbon fiber front fender, tire hugger, undertail, & can.
Currently has an LSL upper triple clamp to accept a straight bar but I'll be installing a 954rr upper clamp and slip ons.
Gearing is 15/44 with a 530 chain.
The 99 has a factory pro 4* ignition advance which I don't plan on swapping to the 99.
The last picture is the current headlight. First 2 that headlight got scrapped.
Has LED signals and taillight has sequential turn signal and brake light flashes 3 times when activated.

Definitely a cool bike and very fast. I'll post pics when the swap is done. What do yall think?
98 Hawk:
Carrozzeria rims,954rr front end & triple,1000rr tail,2 into 1 exhaust & Yoshimura can,15/44 gearing

93 Intruder 1400:
Drag pipes,forward controls,custom handlebars & risers,custom intake,custom rear running lights,chrome everything
tony.mon

Re: My cool custom Hawk

Post by tony.mon »

I think I'll make up my own mind as to what's cool or not....
What makes it faster than other vtr, done any engine work, carbs, airbox?

Got a dyno printout to share?
A 2:1 saves some weight but generally loses some power
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Apez,
you will just have to put up with Bah Humbug Tony, he suffers from SAD at this time of year, and compulsory wrist strain from all his polishing his new toy.. I am actually surprised he was up so early on a Sunday, maybe thats whats up with him. or just his awareness of folks jumping on here this time of year just to sell stuff.
For a naked, I likey, like the back end.

(Tony, who said it was faster than any other storm?? go back to the eggnog production..... or are you needing a santa :Smoke2: ) see you in the spring lad.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I did not want to start drinking beer this early in the day, Christmas made me do it.
It is a VERY bad year for sellotape.

Like the colour, though.
Of the bike without its fairing, (not the sellotape, that is the colour of angst and oysters) .

I don't even like humbugs.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I recall seeing this bike (or its ancestor) on the Superhawkforum... some nice bits...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Please respect our forum rules, especially rule (11)

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Rule (11) taken from this link that can be found in "The Welcome Inn" near the top of that section:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19054

Participate in our forum so we can get to know you a little and 50 posts will soon be reached,

Chris (Admin).
apezman07

Post by apezman07 »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:13 pm Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Please respect our forum rules, especially rule (11)

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Rule (11) taken from this link that can be found in "The Welcome Inn" near the top of that section:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19054

Participate in our forum so we can get to know you a little and 50 posts will soon be reached,

Chris (Admin).
I'm not selling anything ???
I'm showing off my bike
98 Hawk:
Carrozzeria rims,954rr front end & triple,1000rr tail,2 into 1 exhaust & Yoshimura can,15/44 gearing

93 Intruder 1400:
Drag pipes,forward controls,custom handlebars & risers,custom intake,custom rear running lights,chrome everything
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

apezman07 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm showing off my bike

??
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
apezman07

Post by apezman07 »

Wicky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:47 pm
apezman07 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm showing off my bike

??
Are you serious?? I said in the future I would be selling parts. This thread wasn't a for sale ad. Chill out hammer time.
98 Hawk:

93 Intruder 1400:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Apez,
Its nothing personal, there has been a few instances of people getting ripped off on here, hence the rules. Others are just grumpy gits, and I thought with my tag, that crown would be mine :confused
Just join in with the banter and knowledge sharing, it's what the site is here for after all.
So enjoy the site and seasonal greetings to all :beer: :beer:
I'm just setting up my hide for a bit of reindeer shooting tonight.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

same as what Mr G-frog said. its sad, but a few rotten apples have popped on here in the past and sold a few scams, hence there is a bit of a protection layer you need to work your way through.

welcome to the club :thumbup:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir, as somebody said, some nice bits on that yoke :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club matey :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Looking good there......