Urgent

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
marlbororman

Urgent

Post by marlbororman »

I have searched, but to no avail, Has anyone got a pic of which pipes go where on the fuel tank? think ive got a pipe wrong, engine running but got bad fueling, and all its had is the tank off for a couple of weeks. No noises from cam chains or knocking or anything, just popping and struggling for fuel. Its not right somewhere, gunna whip tank off in couple of hours
:(
Giddsy

Re: Urgent

Post by Giddsy »

You may have done what I did at the weekend...

Have you got the vaccuum pipe on the drainage hole facing downwards? It needs to go on the thinner outlet, think it faces to the left if you are looking forwards.

Thanks to Chris for sorting this one out for me. Hope it solves your probs too..

James
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Hope that helps mate :beer:

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

looking at the pics i think thats the problem, will let you know shortly just doing a brew then off comes the tank :)

defo a fuel starvation problem, it even stalled on tickover
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: jesus, how can one small pipe make so much difference :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Giddsy wrote:You may have done what I did at the weekend...

Have you got the vaccuum pipe on the drainage hole facing downwards? It needs to go on the thinner outlet, think it faces to the left if you are looking forwards.

Thanks to Chris for sorting this one out for me. Hope it solves your probs too..

James

is there suppose to be a pipe on the downward facin one then ?? coz dont think i have anything to go on it, bike running spot on incase you hadnt guessed :)
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

marlbororman wrote:is there suppose to be a pipe on the downward facin one then ??
Nope, it's only a drain hole.
Rich.

marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

cupasoop wrote:
marlbororman wrote:is there suppose to be a pipe on the downward facin one then ??
Nope, it's only a drain hole.

No Honda put it there to test us all, and ive failed :D :D :D

On an up too, cam chain tensioners must of been read for changing, the engine is noticably quieter too 8O 8O Wonder how much longer they would of held out for ???
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Ha ha! Glad you got it sorted... Seems to be a common mistake!
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Running sweet as a nut, just got in after a quick blast....50 miles covered lol. I put a 3.5m shock spacer in while i had it apart,and also reset the spring to setting 2 and damping to 1/2 turn out, rear end feels sweet, front is planted and the bike tips in and out of corners like on rails :):) rides the best it ever has :) really happy lol, couldnt stop grinning. dunno how i used to ride it before with the spring on 5 8O 8O
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

This topic has been moved, to the "Workshop" section,

Chris.