How to balance your carbs

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
darkember

Re: How to balance your carbs

Post by darkember »

Anybody know where I can source some of that vacum pipe from??
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Try your local aquatics shop!
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I bought eight of the connectors (5mm brass) from Morgan carbtune, same as the link at the beginning of this post. If anyone wants one let me know, £2 posted, first come first served.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darkember

Post by darkember »

OK I have found a supplier for this vacum pipe. Can anybody tel me what size & bore this pipe needs to be??
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

about 4mm id... depends on the size of the outlet adapters you've fitted.
most car shops (incl halfords) sell this stuff.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

AMcQ's link wont show now - here's the guy's seller info and should have the item listed on the left http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/jjuliangerar/ ... 4340.l2559
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Where about's in the vacuum tube for rear cylinder have you cut it to put the T-Piece in. Just curious as I would like somewhere that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye and does not get in the way of tank removal. It's also got to be convenient for the vacuum hose (to attach to carbtune) that runs off of it with no major bends/kinks in it.

I just read on the Superhawk forum http://superhawkforum.com/forums/knowle ... use-21028/ for an accurate reading, both vacuum hoses should be the same length from both carbs. So where ever the T-Piece is placed the excess hose from the rear cylinder will have to be taken into consideration and trimmed off the end of the vacuum hose that goes to your carbsyncing tool.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I just cut it about 6" from the tank end and then put the T piece in. then I put a length of spare hose onto the T piece so it comes out between the V near the thermostat beside the front hose.

Its baldrocks that the hoses need to be same length.........a vacuum is a vacuum, these is no air flowing so length is not a factor.
AMcQ
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Thanks for the write up going to get the two dial on steel plate gauge this coming week at some point and give it a go
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

after some websurfing this is a 5mm fitting available from d/silvers for about £6 shall i go for it or has anyone got one spare for sale?
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You can get four here for not a lot more if no one has a spare for you http://www.carbtune.co.uk/carbaccs.html

Chris.
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

okay i've got a set on order so will have 3 spare p'm if anyone needs one. :idea:
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Just remove the little O ring before fitting, and use a little drop of thread loc. Don't over tighten as they are brass and will easily shear off.

Chris.
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

Hi....just want to say thanks for all the info on this thread. Was a bit wary of tackling this job, but bought some vacuum gauges, followed the notes and it really was as easy as has been said. The cost of the equipment has paid for itself already. Found the carbs were needing to be balanced.

Cheers again. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....
darkember

Post by darkember »

I believe this is what Al was referring to about using golf T's.

They work a treat & look neat & tidy