CCT Problem Solved (100% guaranteed)

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
brianwinch

Re: cct's

Post by brianwinch »

apexer wrote:i binned the honda ones and made a set from ally billet have rung the bikes neck time and time again and there perfect
would be very interested in more details of the "home made" cct`s. are you replicating the honda or ape versions, or are they some of your own design?
a sketch with dimensions would be useful, or perhaps you could start making them and selling to p**** off honda owners!

brian
busydoingnothing
Anonymous

ccts

Post by Anonymous »

yer i thought about selling them but then i thought naaaaaaaa if i do that mine wont be the only ones that look like that
andrewlondon

Post by andrewlondon »

Hi, i was wondering if Del had any more news on the tensioners he was working on? If you do could you post it here?

In the meantime, i'm looking at getting some of the manualls adjustable ones but have one question. How do you know how tight they need to be without seeing how much tension is being put on the cam chain?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

andrewlondon wrote:Hi, i was wondering if Del had any more news on the tensioners he was working on? If you do could you post it here?

In the meantime, i'm looking at getting some of the manualls adjustable ones but have one question. How do you know how tight they need to be without seeing how much tension is being put on the cam chain?
That's one of the problems with 'Ape' style manual tensioners also how often to adjust them is another :!:
andrewlondon

Post by andrewlondon »

sirch345 wrote:
andrewlondon wrote:Hi, i was wondering if Del had any more news on the tensioners he was working on? If you do could you post it here?

That's one of the problems with 'Ape' style manual tensioners also how often to adjust them is another :!:
Although the Honda tensioners are crap i figure that they are probably the safest bet then?
david greenwood

CCT

Post by david greenwood »

Cant understand why all the fuss about manual this, semi that HONDA just have springs. read my ad cam chain tensioner springs for sale, simple , cheap, dont need to buy brand new cct if honda thought shoving a nut and bolt up its backside was the right thing to do ime sure they would have done it by now.

solid in my opinion merely creates a second problem, the spring creates the tension, it also takes a bit of abuse, but solid passes the same abuses directly into your cam chain, bearings, and guides, which means that it is possible for the chain to snap?

Honda aint stupid! okay the tensioner isnt the greatest in the world, and all this talk about fitting kawasaki or whatever is just insane, born out of a twisted mind. In my opinion of course.
OldBob

Second hand CCTs for any budding engineer

Post by OldBob »

Hi Guys/Gals

Just got my Storm back from it's 32,000 service. After reading various posts about the CCTs, I got the nagging feeling in my stomach that once reaching 32,000 (well 33,000) miles with the originals, I think I should be pro-active and had them change both of them anyway.

Knowing that there are budding engineers on this forum, I asked them to retain my old ones so you guys can have a tinker.

So.. two used ccts here for whoever wants them. PM me your address and I'll shove them in the post. Please don't fit them to your bike on the assumption that they are as good as new. They have done 33,000 miles and I don't want to be responsible for destroying your pride and joy.

Still on my original chain and sprocket set as well... not bad eh... :lol:

Off on a 400 mile hike tomorrow (Applecross), so won't get back to the computer until Sunday night... Sunshine.. lovely Sunshine.
The man with the cam (http://www.d70portfolio.com)
alan

hike

Post by alan »

As in 400 mile walk i would be fecked with 5 and they call you oldbob :lol: i need some of what your having :lol:
OldBob

Post by OldBob »

Oops :eek2 Hike as in Bike Hike with ma Storm. I'm the most unfit bugger to walk this planet :lol:
alan

hike

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Your a bit slow Bob, 6 of us were in Applecross last month.
Rich.

OldBob

Post by OldBob »

Cupasoop - ah, but did you get the weather :lol:

It was the music and seafood festival at the weekend so we thought it would be an ideal destination for a club outing (and they take some organising). It turned out to be fantastic w/end, the roads up there are sheer bliss.

I managed to use up a tank of fuel in 83 miles on the way back :twisted: , last time I dropped that low was at Knockhill 8) and my rear tyre looks a little worse for wear :lol:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Well actually..............http://www.vtr1000.org/cpg/displayimage ... m=2&pos=18

No music or seafood though :cry:
Rich.

OldBob

Post by OldBob »

Excellent pics... You get scenery, we get drinking :lol:
http://www.centralmotorcycleclub.com/em ... php?id=102

You'll have to give me a shout next time you're set to head up north 8)
david greenwood

CCT with no spring???

Post by david greenwood »

That idea which is floating about saying a CCT is being created that once installed and without the spring will never need any adjustment???????????????????????????? chains that dont stretch.