Front Forks

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
fulviogsx

Front Forks

Post by fulviogsx »

Hi guys,after riding the first 3500 km on my 98 vtr,
I realized the front forks are a complete bullshit.pushing hard they often are really dangereuses...
According to your experiences,what is the modifie with the best cost/benefit ratio?(eg change spring/damper,or complete forks,or forks and triple clamps)
Thanks in Advance
popkat

Re: Front Forks

Post by popkat »

Cheapest way that's sorts them good enough for most riders is linear springs and heavier weight oil.
If your average weight (175-195lb) then .85 springs, 10weight oil, 140mm oil level, measured from the top of the fork to the oil with spring out and forks fully compressed. if you like the front a bit firmer try .90 springs.. K-Tech sell them.

http://www.ktechsuspension.com/

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

The other option is to buy the ones I just put up for sale...they have Ktech springs 9.5 in them and did about 1000 miles.
Only out because I put different forks in.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fulviogsx

Post by fulviogsx »

Hello,
Thanks for reply.
My personal experience is that spring are not enough.I have historically solved my problem of suspensions much more with the damping elements than the springs...
And about 98 cbr forks cobversion,what does exactely need?forks,triple clamps,handle,rim calipes spacers,axle nut?
Cbr Triple clamp are plug and play?
fulviogsx

Post by fulviogsx »

I'm really sorry.after every time I posted, the website gave me back a generic white page of security problems...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fulviogsx wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:48 pm I'm really sorry.after every time I posted, the website gave me back a generic white page of security problems...
It's not your fault completely, we're having problems with the site which will hopefully be sorted out very soon,

Chris.