Leaking Manual CCT

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
northagnick

Leaking Manual CCT

Post by northagnick »

Hi All, has anyone had a manual Cct leak oil via the threads on the bolt? Any info greatly appreciated
MacV2

Re: Leaking Manual CCT

Post by MacV2 »

northagnick wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:32 pm Hi All, has anyone had a manual Cct leak oil via the threads on the bolt? Any info greatly appreciated
Yes. Simple fix. I asume it's the rear as that one points down. You need to loosen it off put some hi temp silicone on the threads & re set it.

Remmeber you must set the rear cams up as if you taking the origional ones out.

So having done that you can unwind the MCCT before you do make a note of how far out it is or count the turns. You'll need to do this so you can reset it to how it was before unwinding.

Only unwind it so that you bring out the depth of the MCCT body. Put your silicone on the thread & wind it back in.

Leave it a while for tyhe silicone to set before running the engine...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

But clean the thread first...
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
fulviogsx

Post by fulviogsx »

otherwise you can use loctite 542
http://www.loctite.co.uk/loctite-4087.h ... 2627026945
It has the same performance of the medium threadlock (strenght), anaerobic, fuel/oil resistant and sealant
xeris

Post by xeris »

Another fix you might consider that worked for me, is to loosen just the lock nut, don't let the tension screw move, wrap the tension screw with a half width of teflon tape. Use enough wraps to get a build up just above the face of the tensioner body. Then tighten the nut down. This compresses the tape into the threads where the adjuster screw goes through the tensioner body. May or may not work for you as my tensioner has a recess and an O ring where the tensioner screw goes into the body.
Yeah, I too want to know why the O ring didn't do it's job.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain