Spacer sizes

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
Fastdruid

Spacer sizes

Post by Fastdruid »

Could someone possibly measure the spacer that goes between the rear wheel and the brake carrier?

Part 5 / 42312-MBT-D10 as shown here:

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... 00/2/11534

I need one, all the breakers are only selling them with the rear axle and I'm not paying £18 for a new one when I have a lathe and can make it from a piece of bar in a few minutes!
MacV2

Re: Spacer sizes

Post by MacV2 »

Got loads of them...Cover the postage & I'll send one...Just the one side you need yeah ?

Check your PM's...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Fiddler

Post by Fiddler »

I've lost my right hand spacer as well . Looks like the same as narrow front ? I too have nice lathe ,Dean Smith And Grace
I suppose we just make it fit,!! Is the sprocket side different? That's the one I have really lost
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You might as well make a set of captive wheel spacers while you're there- it makes it much easier to slip the wheels back in.
Aluminium will do, but they eventually wear at the seal lip. Titanium is better.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fiddler

Post by Fiddler »

Made a rear sprocket side top hat type spacer . Get to garage . There it was bottom of parts box dirty and hiding.. Now I need to sort out SA bobbins the under SA support type not good . Creeps forwards then you have no room to manouver rear wheel in . Still now I know . R caliper in first then wheel . All back and just tighten everything up . Green wheels yellow bike .
This could be a serious manic Love affair . Of course lathe turned bobbins