front brake master cylinder choice

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
harrier

front brake master cylinder choice

Post by harrier »

Hi

About to service the front brake master cylinder and find there are two options for kits.. Although my bike is a 2006 the reservoir is round like pre 2005 bikes..does anyone know if the seals are interchangeable?

sorry to ask but did not want to take it apart then wait without the bike till new kit delivered..

cheers
Kev L

Re: front brake master cylinder choice

Post by Kev L »

I think the really late Storms had the rectangular masters, like the VFR’s. I don’t know whether the seals are interchangeable, but I doubt it. Try a comparison on a site like Ron Ayers and see if the seals part numbers are the same.
Good luck
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

If you want an upgrade I have a excellent condition radial one for sale, see link.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43135
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
harrier

Post by harrier »

Kev L wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:06 pm I think the really late Storms had the rectangular masters, like the VFR’s. I don’t know whether the seals are interchangeable, but I doubt it. Try a comparison on a site like Ron Ayers and see if the seals part numbers are the same.
Good luck
:thumbup:
Cheers site had answers i needed (not what i had hoped for though-
some parts the same but not all) again thanks