We're back

Keeping you informed of what's happening with the forum, updates, downtime etc.
Jbrebel

Re: We're back

Post by Jbrebel »

My auto log in is fooked too Rich :think:
SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

works fine for me now, auto login etc, i deleted my old shortcut and made a new one once i'd found this was back online.
found it by accident tho.

it went from 505 unavailable due to bandwidth usage to 404 doesn't exist.
tintenet is a funny amial intit.

*btw wtf is haymouth lol :D
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
simo

Post by simo »

:biggrin Looks good to me! Just glad ur up and running again :thumbup: :thumbup:
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Right, we have an update for the autologon problem for Internet Explorer users (why don't you just use a good browser like Firefox). The problem, I think, seems to stem from the fact that the forum name and the forum software are in 2 different places, and IE doesn't like that. As default IE is set to handle cookies automatically, this needs to be changed. In IE, go to tools, internet options, privacy, advanced and change the automatic to manual and to accept first and third party cookies. I only have access to IE8 so if you have an older version the instructions might be a bit different but not by much I'm sure.

This is only a temp fix for this problem until I can find a proper answer.
Rich.

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup:

Sorted-nice one Rich :)
SP1's rock!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Timbo wrote:Worked for me too, but you already knew that :)
That's because you're my pig.
Rich.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bloody hell, I go away for a few weeks and you have changed everything! Site was down when I left, and now it has has a respray and looks all different & new!

Thanks to Chris for the e-mail to give me the link to get back onto the site. :thumbup:

New look is growing on me but I do like the F+ button for the bigger fonts, and the "all unread" filter..............That helps as it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.
AMcQ
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Purely theoretical question...say somebody cannot access this option on their work computer and everytime they come to the site whilst at work they have to log in, even if they hit the auto log on option?

Anybody have any ideas? :lol:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Purely theoretical answer, tough sh1t. Live with it :wink:

The forum software and the vtr domain name are in 2 different places, that's why this problem exists. Hopefully things may be changing soon so shouldn't be an issue after that. Fingers crossed.
Rich.

Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Thanks for your concern cupa lol I guess I'm just gonna have to wait til the updates come :)
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Cupasoop - I use for website hosting http://www.bigwetfish.co.uk/hosting/ The basic package only costs £16 a year - 10GB Diskspace + 100GB monthly bandwidth. It'd just need the phpbb database transferring over....
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Wicky wrote:Cupasoop - I use for website hosting http://www.bigwetfish.co.uk/hosting/ The basic package only costs £16 a year - 10GB Diskspace + 100GB monthly bandwidth. It'd just need the phpbb database transferring over....
We're sorted for hosting ta, it's the name we dont own. Yet.
Rich.

alec

Post by alec »

Who started the forum originally and what was the first post, not a technical question i know but interested all the same
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
alec

Post by alec »

FirestormMike wrote:
alec wrote:Who started the forum originally and what was the first post, not a technical question i know but interested all the same
Click on "members" at the top of the page, member number 1 and the date will give you your answer. Just search for their first post. :thumbup:
*edit, or member 2... it's the same person. :)
am i right in saying it was firestorm_al with testing times ?
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image