a suggestion / request...

Keeping you informed of what's happening with the forum, updates, downtime etc.
benny hedges

a suggestion / request...

Post by benny hedges »

just a thought....
can some admin type bod fix it so the vtr1000.org shortcut has a proper icon, rather than a big e in a box?
maybe a small storm jpg or a v twin icon?
like maybe one of these...

or sumat like this

or even just a honda wing? - just something to make it stand out on the desktop.
should be easy enoug to sort> every other site has one... just a suggestion....
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: a suggestion / request...

Post by cupasoop »

Sorry Benny. I've tried many ways to get this to work but for some reason it just aint happening.
Rich.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Favicon won't work presumably because of the domain redirect. Also the multi-resolution favicon file; 16x16, 16-bit (256) colors, 16x16, 32-bit colors, 32x32, 16-bit (256) colors, 32x32, 32-bit colors, 48x48, 16-bit (256) colors, 48x48, 32-bit colors - would be a waste of valuable bandwidth just for eye candy.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Hi fellas

On the shortcut icon, the code for this is correctly applied to the board content but is does not show up because the board is rendered within a frame. ON the assumption that domain forwarding is in action here, it implies that it is in 'Framed Forwarding' mode. For the icon to work in this mode, it's code must be applied to the Domain forwarding page but this facility is not always available. However, if one changes the mode to 'Non-framed Forwarding' then not only will the icon work but also the browser will show fully qualified URL's in the address bar. :thumbup:

However, may I suggest that the logo not be so stretched? It's an in-yer-face eyesore distraction at 770x140 px :(
Unless of course, this is intended but I hope not.
Image size attributes at the original 233x45px is much easier on the eyes. :thumbup:

And a shortcut icon of 822 bites in total (that caches) isn't going to eat any more bandwidth than a couple of paragraphs of text. :)

All the best
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
SlingVTR

Post by SlingVTR »

I was just about to say that.................. :clap:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

No, we cant get our own icon till we get the domain name to ourselves as it is still owned by someone else at the moment and forwarded here, and yes, I know all about the logo at the top coz it was me who broke it last night.
Rich.