iPad problem with the forums.

Keeping you informed of what's happening with the forum, updates, downtime etc.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Tried browsing these forums on my iPad (yeah, I know!)

There seems to be a major popup problem on the iPad.

Every time I tap on a posting, or click on links, you get a on-screen popup trying to take you to iTunes to buy some forum viewing software.

I click cancel, and it pops up the next moment I press on a thread, if I press ok, It fires up iTunes to try and sell me to app.

Not god.
benny hedges

Re: iPad problem with the forums.

Post by benny hedges »

delete itunes. its crap.
i had this every time i play a tune on my laptopo it asks me if i want to buy it.
why would i want to buy something ive already got!!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Errrrrrrrrrr.

This is on the iPad I'm talking about!

It's not loading iTunes. These forums are displaying a popup window in the middle of my screen, every time I click on anything on these forums on the iPad.

I click cancel on the popup and it goes, only to popup again when I press on another forums post (or even the back button) If I click ok, then the iPad takes me to iTunes where I can buy the forums viewing app.

No other forums do this, so I'm guessing perhaps a little tweak is in order?

And yes, I hate iTunes :)
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

The forum has tapatalk enabled for the unwashed masses with puny iphones/ipod touches.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk ... 80732?mt=8

Splash out a couple of squid for a bit of nagware and your problem will be sorted and your forum viewing enhanced.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Wicky wrote:The forum has tapatalk enabled for the unwashed masses with puny iphones/ipod touches.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk ... 80732?mt=8

Splash out a couple of squid for a bit of nagware and your problem will be sorted and your forum viewing enhanced.
Just bought the app. Seems like the forums are making my life hell unless I paid to buy tapatalk which I'm not happy about.

There seems no way to just post a reply without quoting.

Why is this popup being forced upon us every time anything it tapped on an iPad ?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Wish I had not spent/wasted my money now :sad2

Using the forums the normal way is much better and I don't want to have loading a separate app just to use this forum :sad2

I found another forum I use a lot is also on tapatalk but I never get this annoying popup all the time on that forum when using it the normal way with a web browser.

Can't these forums be fixed please?
gilson

Post by gilson »

I quite like Tapatalk now. But if you click yes to the pop up but don't actually buy it, it stops bothering you.

I'd already bought tapa before I found this out.
No bike (yet).
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Delete your cookies and try again.
Rich.

Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Thanks.

I'm not sure why (well apart from buying that dam app) but the problem has just decided to go away on my iPad.

I did click on cancel many times, and I also clicked on OK twice which took me to iTunes (I did not buy then) but the nag popup was there every time.

I then bought the app from iTunes, used it once, then back to the web browser to view the site and the nag popup still there!

I was about to give up, then the following day, the nag screen was just gone. No idea why, but thank god!