forum request

Keeping you informed of what's happening with the forum, updates, downtime etc.
Eclectic

forum request

Post by Eclectic »

Could we get tapatalk?

Pretty please! Its difficult browsing on the trumbone. Poor me!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: forum request

Post by cupasoop »

err, we already have it. Had it for quite a while now.
Rich.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I know I am a ludite and am setting myself up for a barrage of abusive comments but what is Tappatalk? :think:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

program for viewing forums on mobile devices, but not using the built in browser.
Rich.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks very much. That was surprisingly painless!!
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

forum request

Post by lloydie »

I use tapatalk for this and a few other forums . It works well but not great as you can't see polls lol
cliveyandrews

forum request

Post by cliveyandrews »

Yup - Tapatalk user here too!
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Oh really? Usually forums running tapatalk give a wee pop up on my phone when I log in. Never got one here!

Anyways, excellent :D
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Eclectic wrote:Usually forums running tapatalk give a wee pop up on my phone when I log in.
Correct, they do but I edited that bit out coz it was annoying the crap out of everyone. A pretty underhanded move by tapatalk to get folk to buy their product.
Rich.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Correct, they do but I edited that bit out coz it was annoying the crap out of everyone. A pretty underhanded move by tapatalk to get folk to buy their product.
I like your way of thinking. :thumbup: don't let the software control you, you control/customize it. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Would it be possible to have some means of deleting our own posts within threads please. Maybe an X for delete post next to the edit btn

It would be handy for clearing up any clutter http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=26817 or if one decides they don't want the post anymore. I know we could just go in an edit but this would just clutter the thread up with a null post.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I think this already exists. I'm sure I have binned a double post before after publishing it. Unless it only lasts a limited time.
Yes it does, look next to the edit button after you post and there's a cross to delete.
Just went off and had a look at a couple of older posts and you're right fella the facility is removed after a period of time, maybe after someone else responds?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

This forum is set-up so you have a time limit of 30 minutes to remove a post and 10 minutes to edit it.

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks for the reply Chris. It makes sense as when posts are deleted it makes responses read very strange indeed as was the case when prolific posters such as Caz & Timbo removed theirs.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This forum is set-up so you have a time limit of 30 minutes to remove a post and 10 minutes to edit it.
OH fook. I have just noticed I have lost my edit function http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14#p238580 so I can't add to it. Loosing the edit function is worse than not having a delete. Foe example: Sometimes when I go through old threads, I may spot a spelling mistake in one of my old posts that I would go in and correct.
It makes sense as when posts are deleted it makes responses read very strange indeed as was the case when prolific posters such as Caz & Timbo removed theirs.
I hear what you saying Kev. But if a user closes an account I think all their posts should disappear as well. Maybe moved to an archive section :think: It's bad enough these days with all our data and info spread all over the net. I know it's true in reality that once anything is put on the net it can never be deleted and one should never post anything they may regret later :roll: I could go back and search the Internet and all it's content as it was 20 years ago. Mmm it is a worry.

Back to the edit function, this is even more important and vital in cases like my link above :eek2 I am now going to have to copy and paste, add more content and re-post further down which will put things even more out of context and confusing. I cant even put a link in it to direct people ie read below or post moved here. Or do I just leave it incomplete. The only other option is to either not post stuff until it's completed, which is not always convenient as there may be relevant info ready to go public. Or just add bits as new posts further down which spreads stuff all over the place. When finished, start a new thread and copy and paste all the bits of the jigsaw and piece them all together in the new thread. Which would just be even more chaotic and would introduce more work for mods/admin with regards to tidying things up.

Argghhh how frustrating. :x I was going to add some more to that today as well!!! :sad2
Another problem in the world of digital life to hack, find a work around because of restrictions :lol:

Thanks for the reply Chris. I hope you understand where I'm coming from :thumbup: