Member Feedback Section

Keeping you informed of what's happening with the forum, updates, downtime etc.
VTRDark

Member Feedback Section

Post by VTRDark »

We now have an area within Sales and Wants for leaving leaving member feedback relating to any sales and wants within the that section of the forum. Please take the time to read through the sticky at the top and keep this section of the forum to member feedback only and no chit chat as this makes it harder for users to search through and evaluate.

Let me know if this is OK and I'm open to any suggestions/ideas that will improve things and keep it running smooth. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Re: Member Feedback Section

Post by VTRDark »

OK folks, good to see the new section getting some usage. Your thoughts on how it's all going please. Where's my feedback :lol: :lol:

I added in the 'Read Me First' that non related chit chat posts will be removed, trust jamoi to be the first to chit chat :wave: LOL Anyhow I knew it wouldn't last long so I'm just going with the flow for now and keeping quite. But I would like some direction to where we are going. I'm thinking..... leave things as they are, let the threads flow in whichever direction they go. Then If they get too messy and cluttered I could go in and clean up after a few months, keeping all relevant feedback posts. It makes it easier for future people to make use of that section.

You thoughts please? How's it all working out for you? Come on.... Suggestions, ideas :plainsmile

Virt

Post by Virt »

I think it's a decent idea, albeit somewhat unnecessary for some people. Obviously those of us who post regularly will have a reputation to uphold and thus will try our best or be bullied for an eternity :lol:

Useful for the new members though who haven't had time to gauge all of us :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Watty

Post by Watty »

Virt wrote:I think it's a decent idea, albeit somewhat unnecessary for some people. Obviously those of us who post regularly will have a reputation to uphold and thus will try our best or be bullied for an eternity :lol:

Useful for the new members though who haven't had time to gauge all of us :thumbup:
+1. Job well done Carl :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

cybercarl wrote:trust jamoi to be the first to chit chat :wave: LOL
Sorry, feel free to delete away. Apologies if I'm creating work.

I like the idea of this section, nice to be able to say thanks to the wonderful sellers/members.

:)
Jamie :wave:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sorry, feel free to delete away. Apologies if I'm creating work.
No need to apologise mate, I'm not having a go at you, didn't mean it to come across that way. I was just using you as an example. It's not my forum, it's the users, hence the reason me letting it go with the flow and wanting members opinions, ideas, suggestions.

I'm not deleting anything yet as it's not that messy and there's no need. I'm thinking ahead! YMV has a very good point about new members getting to know people though :thumbup:

macdee

Post by macdee »

Good idea cyber
The no chit chat is also a plus there's plenty for other threads
for that sort of shenanigans :lol:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

No worries Carl :)

I didn't take it negatively :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:OK folks, good to see the new section getting some usage. Your thoughts on how it's all going please. Where's my feedback :lol: :lol:

I added in the 'Read Me First' that non related chit chat posts will be removed, trust jamoi to be the first to chit chat :wave: LOL Anyhow I knew it wouldn't last long so I'm just going with the flow for now and keeping quite. But I would like some direction to where we are going. I'm thinking..... leave things as they are, let the threads flow in whichever direction they go. Then If they get too messy and cluttered I could go in and clean up after a few months, keeping all relevant feedback posts. It makes it easier for future people to make use of that section.

You thoughts please? How's it all working out for you? Come on.... Suggestions, ideas :plainsmile

Carl,
Only my personal opinion, but keeping the feedback section as much as possible without chit chat posts would be best, it's not like we don't have the rest of the forum for that :lol: The idea behind this addition was simply to provide a section that can easily be checked out in the event of a possible purchase, to give a potential buyer some confidence in the seller before parting with any money. As YMV rightly pointed out this would be more for new comers which I realise. Even so I still think feedback from any seller/buyer is confidence boosting (well providing it's positive feedback of course) when it comes to parting with cash. So IMHO the less chit chat in the feedback section the better, as it will be much easier to check out.

I thought you did a good job with the "Read Me First" thread "How to Post Feedback" :thumbup:
Doing a search for a certain member first, so you can keep all the feedback in the same thread for that member is a good plan.

Keep up the good work Carl :clap:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Forum feedback section cleaned up of chit chat. I shall do the same again in a few months as stuff builds up and any chit chat has been seen/passed it's sell by date.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good man, well done Carl :clap:

Chris.