6 spoke front wheel SOLD

Moderator: VTRDark

AMCQ46

6 spoke front wheel SOLD

Post by AMCQ46 »

6 Spoke front wheel that will fit directly into the storm using your existing wheel spacers and discs. Black powder coated with new bearings and seals 2 yrs ago when I fitted it.

after my crash in May, I had it checked by the boss man at Central Wheels and although there was a little bit of runout [2 or 3mm] on the outer lip of the rim , he said that area is not the part that dictates the smooth outer shape of the tyre and commented that they see worse runout on new bikes. they checked the rest of it over and told me it was all good . I have then put a further 1000 "progressive" miles on the bike with no worries

Comes with no spacers unless you want to buy the captive ones that are for sale else where on here.

once you have got the hard to find front wheel, it is easy to pick up a matching back wheel, as there are more out there that fit, and they are not prone to crash damage, so you can get a matching pair on your bike to give it that uptodate looks.
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Re: 6 spoke front wheel £100 plus postage

Post by AMCQ46 »

price reduced from £150 to £100 before I put it on eBay
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cheap as chips for a 6 spoker..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

also don't get worried about the stated runout on the outer lip, i am stating it to be 100% honest, and if it had needed trued up, I would have done it before I rode all summer.

a) it is not causing any runout on the tyre profile which runs true as a die and the bike shows no imbalance or wobble up in the 3 figure region [and having dinged my 3 spoke on a pothole 3 years ago, I know what effect proper rim damage has on the bike]
b) alloy wheel can be trued with no ill effects. maidstone motoliner will fix wheels with quite big dings in them, and they know their stuff about this process as they have been doing road and race bike wheel repairs for years. They have already trued this wheel when I first got it and then my old 3 spoke after the pothole in wales.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the fireblade men on facecake im sure would love that wheel
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: