Very nice Storm for sale

Moderator: VTRDark

popkat

Very nice Storm for sale

Post by popkat »

Lets try this here for starters and see if there's any interest.

W reg Storm, Yellow (the later yellow with silver wheels), Miles are about 9800. Excellent condition, Stopper modded CCT's, powerbronze lowers, Micron carbon oval cans, Titax levers, F.Fabbri screen (by far the best looking), WP rear shock, K tech 0.85 fork springs, bike is well serviced and maintained (bikes are my work) Nearly new Metzeler M7RR tyres, EBC HH front pads. MOT until next year (may I think)

The bike doesn't need anything,

The bike has not been restored or done up at any point, it's like Honda build it (I might have given the subframe a coat of paint just to be fussy)
Being totally honest it isn't mint, In my eyes mint is just as it left the factory, it's 18 years old, there's a few stone marks on the front and the wheels have a little spidering in the paint, some of the fittings are slightly mottled. There's people on here who have seen the bike and would say it is mint and one of the nicest out there. I like to be honest and upfront, lets face it in 18 years nothing is going to be exactly like new.

Anyway you won't find many others this good.

£2250 ono. (don't miss this bit, ono means offers :wink: )
If anyone's interested contact me and we can talk about it.

Sorry no pictures to post on here, someone else may have pictures of it and might post some. doesn't matter when they were taken the bike looks the same now anyway.

Why am I selling ?, I will miss this bike for sure, I have a fond spot for the Storm but I'm just not using it, as it gets older I want to use it less and preserve it. I want a bike I'm happy to ride in all weathers and not worry about, something newer..
I will also be selling a 1987 Honda VFR750 great all round bike mostly all original, 60k (not run in yet, lol) £1000 ono.

Last edited by popkat on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Re: Very nice Storm for sale

Post by MacV2 »

DevonStorm2017 breakfast stop on Sunday morn...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

Are we talking about BUTTERCUP Grumpykat :thumbdown:
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
popkat

Post by popkat »

vanstub wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:20 pm Are we talking about BUTTERCUP Grumpykat :thumbdown:

Yes, but I might still keep it yet, If someone is interested then I will sell, if not I may keep it. I've only put it for sale on here for now and most on here already own one (or about 20 in Mac's case).

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

Bump

Where's all the newby's looking for a storm when you need them :lol:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:50 pm Bump

Where's all the newby's looking for a storm when you need them :lol:

FarceRarf..er I mean facebook..although most of them seem to be...''on a budget'' ... :lol: :lol:

Try the ... VJMC Buy and Sell, Swap and Trade FB page...
popkat

Post by popkat »

Right I've bought something else now so the storm will need to go :(

If any newby's come on looking for a storm I'd appreciate it if you'd point them my direction (in case I don't see the post)

I'm still not advertising it yet, I'm not desperate to sell at this stage, space is more of an issue. I will put it up at my work with a for sale sign on it but there's not much room as I'll also have my VFR up there for sale (it's only a small workshop)

Worked out a way to add pictures

Last edited by popkat on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

What have you gone and got now then to add to the pack?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
popkat

Post by popkat »

grumpyfrog wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:43 pm What have you gone and got now then to add to the pack?

It's not supposed to add to the pack it's supposed to replace :lol: But you know how these things go :silent: I will need the money to pay off for the new one but I have a bit of time to do it..

I've got a VFR800, rode one and really enjoyed it, bought one and now i'm not so sure :confused It is mega low miles though and been ridden very gently so will get better as I use it, I think loosened up a little and with a new end can it will liven up a bit, it's bloody heavy though. 2014 (64 plate) 900 miles from new, never seen rain (it will do tomorrow). got top box and panniers so if i want to go off anywhere I have the capacity, also if I go two up it caters well for pillions.
I wanted an all weather bike, my old VFR is 31 years old and as I'm fixing bikes all the time I wanted something I didn't have to fiddle with, the storm has got to nearly 19 years and not quite clocked 10k, I can't bring myself to trash it in all weathers, although as value is low I probably should have.

You'll be pleased to know it's Black, very black, I never liked black bikes and wanted a red one, but the one I was after sold, I'll have to get used to it now, it needs some graphics to break it up a bit :think:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

:thumbup:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Looks very nice!

I'm toying with the idea of a tourer myself. My mates are planning on a trip to the Baltic coast. They insist the Ape will deal with it but it's 400 miles to Rostock from Amsterdam and about 550 from Calais, and you are still in Germany. I have me feelers out for a Pan or an FJR.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Poppers, nice steed there.
Ian, make sure you get something with cruse control if doing that mileage. Both on your list are awesome bikes.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
popkat

Post by popkat »

Not all touring, I'm hoping to find the VFR's sportier side too, I'm sure it'll hustle through road bends as well as the storm (once used to the weight :| )

For cruise control this is what i'm thinking for the VFR, not as good as proper cruise but looks the best mechanical option

https://uk.kaoko.com/