Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Moderator: VTRDark

Stephan

Re: Ebay Finds (unusal/cheap/rare/or just good value)

Post by Stephan »

freeridenick wrote:Got my eyes on a set of Yoshi ST1 cams on the bay. Anyone got any thoughts or know anything about Yoshi cams?
If price is ok, just grab it, these items are very rare. Yosh cams have sligtly better duration and more lift. Should be good for midrange boost.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Yeah, a calculated risk posting about them but I figure folks on here are a little more honourable than elsewhere. I was hoping for some knowledge and advice too but I reckon the advice could be summed up as buy them now if you can afford them.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote:Got my eyes on a set of Yoshi ST1 cams on the bay. Anyone got any thoughts or know anything about Yoshi cams?
Some info here:-

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31944

As already said, don't think about it too long, as someone will have snapped them up as they don't come up very often,

Chris.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

freeridenick wrote:Yeah, a calculated risk posting about them but I figure folks on here are a little more honourable than elsewhere. I was hoping for some knowledge and advice too but I reckon the advice could be summed up as buy them now if you can afford them.
I dont remember by heart and have informations in work computer, but I found the info again - thanks to mikstr post. These cams will deliver more power, and I don´t expect any loss in midrange, gain here is expected too. We talk about 5 BHP gain on stock engine. If you get it cheap, you have very nice base point for stage1, as this is critical part. I wouldn´t hesitate to put it in engine with std pistons and porting. Or the best way, send it to Roger for porting and cams instalation, as he can play with timing.
Valve overlap indicates that Yoshi cams should be the best for mid-range grunt, while Mori will gain more top end power, in theory ...

Cams specs

Yoshimura
IN: 250 deg duration, 17/53 timing, 10.7 valve lift
EX: 250 deg duration, 55/15 timing, 10.7 valve lift
valve overlap 32 deg

in comparison with,

Stock
IN: 245 deg duration, 20/45 timing, 10.3 valve lift
EX: 245 deg duration, 50/15 timing, 10.1 valve lift
valve overlap 35 deg

Moriwaki
IN: 255 deg duration, 22/53 timing, 10.3 valve lift
EX: 249 deg duration, 53/16 timing, 10.1 valve lift
valve overlap 38 deg

Is that sufficient to consider? :D
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Stephan wrote:
freeridenick wrote:Yeah, a calculated risk posting about them but I figure folks on here are a little more honourable than elsewhere. I was hoping for some knowledge and advice too but I reckon the advice could be summed up as buy them now if you can afford them.
I dont remember by heart and have informations in work computer, but I found the info again - thanks to mikstr post. These cams will deliver more power, and I don´t expect any loss in midrange, gain here is expected too. We talk about 5 BHP gain on stock engine. If you get it cheap, you have very nice base point for stage1, as this is critical part. I wouldn´t hesitate to put it in engine with std pistons and porting. Or the best way, send it to Roger for porting and cams instalation, as he can play with timing.
Valve overlap indicates that Yoshi cams should be the best for mid-range grunt, while Mori will gain more top end power, in theory ...

Cams specs

Yoshimura
IN: 250 deg duration, 17/53 timing, 10.7 valve lift
EX: 250 deg duration, 55/15 timing, 10.7 valve lift
valve overlap 32 deg

in comparison with,

Stock
IN: 245 deg duration, 20/45 timing, 10.3 valve lift
EX: 245 deg duration, 50/15 timing, 10.1 valve lift
valve overlap 35 deg

Moriwaki
IN: 255 deg duration, 22/53 timing, 10.3 valve lift
EX: 249 deg duration, 53/16 timing, 10.1 valve lift
valve overlap 38 deg

Is that sufficient to consider? :D
More than enough my friend. Negotiations have been instigated.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just remember you can't just pop them cams in !! You need to machine the cam caps for the lobes to pass under them .
And you may have to grind the cams in too .
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

They are pre fitted lloydie, and they come with the machines cam caps as well
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

But you can't use them caps on your heads as the caps are matched to there own heads .
As I said you can't just pop them in . You'll need to machine your cam caps to clear the lobs and you'll have to grind the cams in so you have correct clearance on the bearing faces .
And to make the most of the cams you'll need to slot the cam sprockets and dial the cams in .
I happen to have a set of slotted cam sprockets .
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The extra lift is only. 4 and. 6 mm so measure before cutting lumps off the cam caps.
Ideally you use a matched pair to each cylinder head but Honda's machining is pretty good and so using another set of caps in your own head is usually fine.
Dry build to see if they clear.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Deal done. Thanks for all the info guys and I might be in touch about the slotted sprockets Lloydie, although I can probably get mine done locally. Just need to land some high comp pistons now. :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

freeridenick wrote:Deal done. Thanks for all the info guys and I might be in touch about the slotted sprockets Lloydie, although I can probably get mine done locally. Just need to land some high comp pistons now. :thumbup:
Got some of them too Image
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Is that the sound of a keyboard, rattling out a PM for Lloydie? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

freeridenick wrote:Deal done. Thanks for all the info guys and I might be in touch about the slotted sprockets Lloydie, although I can probably get mine done locally. Just need to land some high comp pistons now. :thumbup:
At first check if you have cylinders within the tolerance (mine were not).

If yes it is easy, JE pistons or Moriwaki from japan.webike
If not, CP pistons as they did it for me, but new bore has to be done and more money spent.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Kev L wrote:Is that the sound of a keyboard, rattling out a PM for Lloydie? :lol:
Lol. Not right away. I needed to wait for a suitable pause in proceedings so I didn't get accused of spending all night on my phone.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Anyone after an Abba stand?

Abba stand - motobike stand
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-mot ... 1247034646
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF