2005 Firestorm

Moderator: VTRDark

Virt

2005 Firestorm

Post by Virt »

I don't really want to do this but it's happening..

Just so this thread doesn't get flooded with people asking why I'm selling, I'll explain here.
I love this bike, I truly do. I have the most fun when I'm out riding it, but the more I ride it the more that I realise it's not actually the bike for me. The riding style required does not suit mine, I didn't notice it so much before when I was a bit more conservative on the road but it's becoming more apparent each day I try to push myself. In an ideal world I'd keep this bike and get something else to go quickly on, however that'd be expensive and going slow isn't something the VTR is excellent either (but you all know that). I will definitely revisit twins in the future, but maybe once I a better rider and actually capable of adapting to this bike, but until then I'll probably go with a bike I know I can use with my riding style (those bloody 600 4pots, grrr. Guess they are good for something after all). So, that out of the way. Let the ad begin!

2005 Honda VTR1000F firestorm for sale.
22000-ish Km on the clock (that's 13670-ish miles in English money).
Rare matte black colour (NH-436M) since it came out of the factory.
3 Previous owners (including myself)

It's always been stored under a roof in the time I've owned it, never outside. Has been tracked once also.

Details :

19L tank and late model clocks (obviously, as it's a late model)
HyperPro springs in the front forks (which were also rebuilt less than 1000 miles ago)
Comes with standard cans
PAIR system has been disconnected
Puig dark black screen
Michelin PR1's front and back - less than 2000 miles old
Chain/sprocket - been on a while but still in usable condition
Recently added f4i front calipers to the bike, brake pads have plenty of life left (not sure about rear pads, but I have an EBC GG pad for the rear to stick in at some point if neessary, else it comes with the bike)
Removed return cable on the throttle (saves weight and makes it lighter)
Stopper mod in both front and rear CCT's
Carbon fender extender
Pyramid Plastics rear hugger
Oil and filter changed less than 1000 miles ago
Comes with original seat cowl
A box of spares from my garage that I'll go and get pictures of later
Braided front brake lines
A rear braided brake line that hasn't been fitted

I'm looking for, ideally, £2500. However that's not what it will go for so PM me any offers and I'll get back in touch.

Pictures :

If it sells I won't be leaving the forum at all, I won't be becoming any less active (so the thread hijacks can all continue). I love this group of people, just like the bike. But there are no issues with you lot like there are with me and the bike.
Last edited by Virt on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
adyf

Re: 2005 Firestorm

Post by adyf »

Real shame mate looke like you were getting the hang of the storm but I know where ya coming from,I loved my storm but it frustrated me in equal measure ,sh1t round town,heavy on fuel and speeding fines,she had to go ,New bike slower but good on fuel and fun at lower speeds,same but different.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:-( glws & your quest for a more suitable bike.
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Honda c90 ?
Glwts and hope you find a bike that's right for you
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

What are you hoping your new bike will do, that the storm doesn't?
Good luck with your quest :thumbup: :D
lanny

Post by lanny »

Sad but good luck with the sale.
From experience of owning 50 or more bikes I don't think I can honestly say I have found a keeper, I have gone back to the same models thinking they were better than what I swapped for but nothing ever stays longer than 2 years.
Twins, triples, v fours, fours, singles, you name it. Closest I came was with a Busa which just seemed to suit my style and size but I sold it and bought a brand new supposedly to keep one but boredom set in with it soon after.
So Virt, it seems you are definitely on the road to multi bike ownership, as long as you have money in your pocket you will eye up your next bike as soon as you have bought your latest bike.
Once you have reached the point of trying everything nostalgia will creep in and you start all over again - it stays in the blood for ever. :thumbup:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

What you doing you fool, the only other bike that would suit you is a Harley :lol:

Sorry to hear the news but glws :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So you don't like Marmite then... :confused

What is it about the Storm that you cant gel with ?

What is this style you talk of ?

What bike you looking at getting then ?

Why do cats lick their bums ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Honestly I love the storm. I'm with you in the riding style. I'm more of a track day and dropping knee in the canyon rider than I am a cruise around the hills kinda guy. Anyways the VTR is an EXCLLENT bike for this kind of riding AFTER you put a LOT of money into it. If I started over I'd probably get something that has a better starting platform although i wouldnt trade the storm now for anything. Like you I wasn't to sure of my riding style when I got the storm so I've since modded to suit. A little $ into this and a little money into that and before you know it you could have boughten a whole other bike.

I've heard rumors that the VTR was just a platform for HRC to see what the could do with a VTwin. Once they had things sorted they released the RC51. Which is why the bike has such a good power plant but got skimped on suspension, brakes, etc...

Now that ive done what I've done I would never sell it. Its a way better bike than its monetary value simply because mods don't make it worth more.

I understand you completley. GLWS! Round here you can get a nice CBR600 for a steal.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Sorry that the VTR does suit you'll have to get an APRILIA most of us have. Like you say the forum is a good crowd of people (can't say lads as there a few girls). :D
RIDE TO ENJOY
Watty

Post by Watty »

You gotta do what's right for you mate, glws :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

YMVirt, I can understand you wanting to try other bikes at your young age, how else are you going to know what suits you best. Although as one poster has already said, I doubt one bike will suit every need. The only thing I would say is to take out a 600cc inline four for a test ride before parting company with the Storm, that is if you've not already, you may find it's not what you think.

Like Mac I'd be interested in hearing what you're struggling with, or missing on the Storm :?:

Chris.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

MacV2 wrote:Why do cats lick their bums ?
Have you ever tasted cat food.......... :lol:
And speaking of cats, Virt, man up you pussy........... :?
All joking aside, I don`t get it.
"The riding style required doesn`t suit me".......If you want to go slow, don`t twist the throttle so hard, if you want to go fast, twist away.......
I think you will regret selling the storm but, as others have said, good luck with the sale and I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to buy next. :wink:
darkember

Post by darkember »

Another point to remember these bike are now classed as modern classics and their values are on the rise. Your old Hornet should remind you what your heading back to. So much gear shifting just to get it to sing then having to rely on the anchors to slow you down, REMEMBER :think: :think: :think: :think:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I wouldn't drop down to a 600 , 900 yes something like a 95 blade be good 150 miles + from a tank and they are happy at 10 mph right up to 160 all day long