back protectors for sale

Moderator: VTRDark

budd

back protectors for sale

Post by budd »

I have a couple of back protectors for sale.
Firstly we have a Knox KC 2000, it’s only been worn once and isin as good a condition as it looks in the pics it really is like new.
Knox have an excellent reputation for back protectors and looking at the KC 2000 it’s not hard to see why, it utilises high tech Nitrile PVC and Kevlar for abrasion and cut resistance. It is CE approved with good back coverage including specific protection to spine, kidneys and shoulder blades, it features adjustable shoulder straps and wide Velcro waist fastening.

Size L 60cm

Image#]

Price £25 delivered

Secondly I have an older Fieldsheer ‘Vertebra’ type back protector, it’s in good condition but shows some signs of wear, nothing that detracts from its performance and once it’s under your leathers who’s to know? It doesn’t have a CE label on it so I’m assuming it’s not got that accreditation but it’s well made and gives good back coverage.

Size L 60cm

Price £12.50 delivered

I wouldn’t ride without back protector, and if you don’t have one then you should really think about getting one, so here’s your chance, £12.50 buys a good reliable item that will do the job and is definitely better than nothing or the loose bits of foam often supplied with jackets / leathers, alternatively just £25 buys you can some of the best protection available from one of the market leaders in bike safety equipment and specifically back protection .
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
carmanbikes

Re: back protectors for sale

Post by carmanbikes »

PM sent for the knox one :D
budd

Post by budd »

PM replied Knox sold, payment received thanks Lee.
Last edited by budd on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'll have the pink one :-)
budd

Post by budd »

both now sold pending payment :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
budd

Post by budd »

both items now posted, the courier is myhermes. I'll PM you the tracking nos a bit later but the myhermes site is more often then not down so whether you'll be able to track them at all is anyones guess.
They proved quite tricky to wrap, they are loosely wrapped in newspaper ( The Manx Independent which I thought appropriate) and then placed inside a couple bin bags and secured with parcel tape, I think this should see them arrive intact, although given their purpose they should be tough enough to survive anything the post monkeys can throw at them, if not they wouldn’t be a lot of good at protecting your spine!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Thanks I'll let you know when it's here :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Received thank you :thumbup:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I'll vouch for th Knox back protector. I was wearing one when I had my big off in 2006
Fantastic piece of kit!
budd

Post by budd »

lloydie wrote:Received thank you :thumbup:
thanks for letting know it arrived Ok, hope you liked the 'Manx Independant' wrapping paper :thumbup:
budd

Post by budd »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:I'll vouch for th Knox back protector. I was wearing one when I had my big off in 2006
Fantastic piece of kit!
Agreed they are a top piece of kit, very good coverage of the whole back rather than just the spine, fortunately I've not been in a position to test it's obvious qualities and the only reason I sold it was i seem to have put a bit of timber on since last year and it was just a bit uncomfortable under may leathers and I couldn’t get may chest protector in, so I ended up wearing my older Fieldsheer one, which while not as sturdy as the Knox protector it’s thinner so fitted under may leathers and was a lot more comfortable, I've now got a Dainese HPC protector which seems to be the best of both been light and comfortable while offering CE level 2 protection.

I also have another Knox protector a 'Ricochet' which I'd left in the Isle of Man last year and have now brought home, it's kind of a cross between the KC2000 and the Dainese and is a bit thinner than the KC 2000 so it may fit under may leathers better than the bulkier KC, I've not had the opportunity wear it since we returned from the IOM a couple of days ago, so I’ll see how it feels.

While I’m happy with the fit of the Dianese one I like the slightly larger back coverage the Knox protectors provide, I’ll have to see how it fits and then weather to sell one of them, or I may just try to cut out the pies and beer and lose a few pounds.