Re:NEW PRICE & IMPROVED. manual cam chain tensioners.

Moderator: VTRDark

adewhitmarsh

Re: Re:NEW PRICE & IMPROVED. manual cam chain tensioners.

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Some members need to get a life.this is a forum to help members not bully them.well said VTR phoinex
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Stopper mod for me. Mac, you up for it?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

It's a simple answer to the stopper or manual conundrum, If your savvy with a spanner and confident enough to do it yourself and adjust when necessary then buy manuals. If your not mechanically inclined and don't want to/cant afford to pay some one to fit and maintain manuals then get the stopper modded cct's as long as your aware that they could need replacing in the future. Simples!
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mav617 wrote:Stopper mod for me. Mac, you up for it?
Never done one Mav...Tonys ya man for that.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

VTR Phoenix wrote:It's a simple answer to the stopper or manual conundrum, If your savvy with a spanner and confident enough to do it yourself and adjust when necessary then buy manuals. If your not mechanically inclined and don't want to/cant afford to pay some one to fit and maintain manuals then get the stopper modded cct's as long as your aware that they could need replacing in the future. Simples!
I did the stopper mod myself. Probably took more time than fitting manuals but I was a little concerned with fitting manuals. Quite a few instances of them unwinding and (of lesser importance) weeping oil. But my main concern was adjusting them which seems a suck it and see procedure. Are they too tight? Are they too loose? At least with the stopper mod you know the tension is correct and as Honda intended.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Yeah I gotta say, this forum isn't normally the place I'd expect to see this sort of stuff.

Why the animosity toward Adewhitmarsh?

Who cares if he sells manual CCTs on here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I could understand it if I provided a crap service with a bad quality item but I don't.
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

Miztaziggy wrote:Yeah I gotta say, this forum isn't normally the place I'd expect to see this sort of stuff.

Why the animosity toward Adewhitmarsh?

Who cares if he sells manual CCTs on here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This ^^^^^^

To the wingers............just shut up. No need for it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Time to take a step away from the keyboards everyone.... I can see both sides, but it spoils an otherwise perfect forum if we end up with cliques and that kind of sh1t.

Ade, if you have set a search filter that alerts you to every post that mentions CCT, then can you turn it off... then I suggest we stop bickering and get back to live and let live.

Oh and I am a stopper fan, takes the same level of spanner ability as doing manuals, but has no risky side effects and I have 50,000miles on mine and they didn't break yet.... But if they do, I have a back up set I was given when I did my last workshop day...

But everyone if free to make their own decisions... As long as they are given the correct facts
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
Mav617 wrote:Stopper mod for me. Mac, you up for it?
Never done one Mav...Tonys ya man for that.
Sorry, I've retired, trying to get more time riding than spannering.

I've enough on my plate with my three bikes, I promised the wife I'd do a rebuild of her <7K mile SL125- this'll be the third time I've spoked up some new rims but this time it needs a full respray and lots of rechroming.

She might ride it this time!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If you have a vice in your garage it helps. The worst part about the stopper mod is getting the little roll pin out and back in. IIRC I use a split pin to tap it out. And here's a tip... cut the stopper (threadbar/dowel) a tad longer than what you measure with your vernier or whatever and/or take into account the thickness of the blade doing the cutting, then cut/file/grind down bit by bit until you are spot on and can fit the cct back together with the roll pin lining up with the hole so it slides right through. And don't drop the roll pin on the garage floor or you will be hunting it forever :lol:

As for the rest it's a piece of piss and easier than fitting manuals as you don't have to remove the front cam cover unless you want to check other things.

Apologies for hijacking your thread with the stopper info Ade.
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

To drift out the roll pin use a 4mm pop rivet stem.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

No problem, cyber Carl. Both set-ups are very effective & stop you recking your engine,which is the most important thing.
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Just an update,im still making & supplying Manual cam chain tensioner to VTR owners on here & Facebook forums (Ade whitmarsh) also contact me at adrianwhitmarsh@yahoo.co.uk. cheers Ade
hallie

Post by hallie »

adewhitmarsh wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm Just an update,im still making & supplying Manual cam chain tensioner to VTR owners on here & Facebook forums (Ade whitmarsh) also contact me at adrianwhitmarsh@yahoo.co.uk. cheers Ade
Mine should be here this week. Cheers Ade. :thumbup:
Pleasure to deal with you.
TIP; Never take a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night
http://morrisonbhp.net/