Re:NEW PRICE & IMPROVED. manual cam chain tensioners.

Moderator: VTRDark

Watty

Re: manual cam chain tensioners for sale

Post by Watty »

With respect Ade this is a public forum for all to comment on and as long as comments aren't abusive etc people are free to say their piece surely! I also don't see anywhere in Robs post comments on private people manufacturing mcct's!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

adewhitmarsh wrote:I manufacturer manual cam chain tensioner for the Honda vtr 1000/Xl1000 Models 1997-2005.CNC machined to a high standard & quality from T6 aluminium.Supplyed with stainless steel locking nut,nyloc locking nut,button head screws, high tensile zinc plated adjusting screw all corrosion resistant.I sell a pair off tensioners for £54.00 with first class post on ebay, but if members pay direct to paypal (and not thorough eBay, you save £4.00 due to no ebay fees) that's £50.00 a pair with first class postage.if you are interested or would like more details contact me on this forum or find me on Ebay (seller 1967ade 100% positive feedback so buy with confidence).Fitting instructions suppled on request. UPDATE ON FORUM POSTS. I have had feedback from vtr owners who have fitted my manual ccts, saying that the locking nut being a 15mm spanner size is not a problem when fitting.
I have 20 pairs tensioner in stock now if anybody is interested.date posted 27/9/2014

adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

adewhitmarsh wrote:
adewhitmarsh wrote:I manufacturer manual cam chain tensioner for the Honda vtr 1000/Xl1000 Models 1997-2005.CNC machined to a high standard & quality from T6 aluminium.Supplyed with stainless steel locking nut,nyloc locking nut,button head screws, high tensile zinc plated adjusting screw all corrosion resistant.I sell a pair off tensioners for £54.00 with first class post on ebay, but if members pay direct to paypal (and not thorough eBay, you save £4.00 due to no ebay fees) that's £50.00 a pair with first class postage.if you are interested or would like more details contact me on this forum or find me on Ebay (seller 1967ade 100% positive feedback so buy with confidence).Fitting instructions suppled on request. UPDATE ON FORUM POSTS. I have had feedback from vtr owners who have fitted my manual ccts, saying that the locking nut being a 15mm spanner size is not a problem when fitting.
I have 20 pairs tensioner in stock now if anybody is interested.date posted 27/9/2014

listing up dated 27/9/2014
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

items have been relisted on ebay ,still 14 pairs left.
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

END OFF SEASON SALE.apair off manual ccts with postage & fitting instructions for £46.00 when paying direct through PayPal account adrianwhitmarsh@yahoo.co.uk Pm me for details or view my eBay listing 1967ade with 100% feedback.
Last edited by adewhitmarsh on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Re: Re:NEW PRICE POSTED. manual cam chain tensioners for sal

Post by lloydie »

Ade for the next batch could you make a few changes as I fitted a set today for a local guy .

Firstly drill and fit a roll pin in the dome nut on the end .

Secondly could you counter sink the two retaining bolt holes and use allen cap head bolts so they can sit flush with the cct body .

Thirdly , make a little recess so a O ring could fit under the locking nut to help stopping any oil exiting up the main bolt thread .

Lastly , round off the edges on the bolt that touches the tension blade .

If you do all these you will have a great product to sell .
It's ok at the moment but could be better :clap:
adewhitmarsh

Re: Re:NEW PRICE POSTED. manual cam chain tensioners for sal

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Hi, I have fitted grub screws on the dome head nuts for some members, its not a problem, recessing for o-ring & adding counter sinking holes for counter head screws is a good idea ,but would make tensioner body more expensive.i think the button head allen head screws look ok,most members i have talked to have put instant gasket or loctite on the adjuster thread to stop oil leaks & as a safe guard to it undoing(the nut on the adjuster is a nyloc nut).The flats on the adjusting bolt where left on, so it could be put in a vice without damaging radius, but I can remove them if required.small changes are not a problem.
adewhitmarsh

new improved manual ccts but no change on price

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I have improved my manual ccts by machining and fitting a o-ring under the nyloc nut on the ajusting screw.The price is still the same £46.00 apair with postage & fitting instructions.check out my eBay page(seller 1967ade) for latest pictures & details.
adewhitmarsh

Re: Re:NEW PRICE & IMPROVED. manual cam chain tensioners.

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Hi, please can members pay direct to PayPal account adrianwhitmarsh@yahoo.co.uk thanks Ade
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Manual ccts still only £46.00 a pair with tracked postage & fitting instructions .Cnc machined from T6 aluminium Billet. Pm me for more details
adewhitmarsh

manual cam chain tensioners.

Post by adewhitmarsh »

New batch off manual tensioner available now, £46.00 with tracked postage,high quality cnc machined from T6 aluminium, suppled with stainless steel nuts,screws,zinc plated tensile adjusting screw with nyloc lock nut.i have had 100% positive on feedback , on here,eBay & Facebook.pm me on here or email adrianwhitmarsh@yahoo.co.uk for a fast,reliable quality item.
Hondo

Re: manual cam chain tensioners.

Post by Hondo »

adewhitmarsh wrote:New batch off manual tensioner available now, £46.00 with tracked postage,high quality cnc machined from T6 aluminium, suppled with stainless steel nuts,screws,zinc plated tensile adjusting screw with nyloc lock nut.i have had 100% positive on feedback , on here,eBay & Facebook.pm me on here or email adrianwhitmarsh@yahoo.co.uk for a fast,reliable quality item.
Hi Ade. Are you still doing these please?
Watty

Post by Watty »

Pm Bazza696
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Yes,I always have them in stock,email me at adrianwhitmarsh@yahoo.Co.UK and I will send you details & photos .cheers Ade
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I got mine from baz and I don't know if they are better or worse than ade,s but he did give me a bacon sandwich when I collected them :thumbup: :beer: .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.