Bottom yoke and full set of taper bearings - £25 SOLD

Moderator: VTRDark

AMCQ46

Bottom yoke and full set of taper bearings - £25 SOLD

Post by AMCQ46 »

if you have ever fitted a new set of steering bearings to a bike, you will know that the toughest part of the work is getting the original cup & cone bearing off the stem on the bottom yoke. .... so here is a perfect solution .... Buy a known good bottom yoke that has just had new bottom seal & taper roller fitted [used for 1000 miles this summer after the rebuild] and comes with the rest of the parts you need, unused and still in the wrappers [top and bottom outer races, top inner race and top seal].

this is a full AllBalls [there is a joke there somewhere!] brg kit that sells for £26, but you can then sell your old yoke to recoup some costs.

All you need to do is remove your old yokes, knock out the top and bottom outer races from the frame headstock, knock the new taper outer races back in their place, cover in grease and rebuild.

Also happy to help you fit the new yoke & bearings if you want to drop in and collect them and have a couple of hours free.

Note that Storm bottom yokes are liable to distortion in a crash, so I assure you that this IS NOT the original yoke on my bike at the time. I bought this yoke replace mine as part of the rebuild and as it came with the straight forks that I used to rebuild my forks I know it is true and straight.
AMcQ