Carbon front mudguard -£30 inc post

Moderator: VTRDark

AMCQ46

Carbon front mudguard -£30 inc post

Post by AMCQ46 »

A carbon fibre front mudguard for £30 !!!!!! too good to be true ... well it is :lol:

it might have looked like this last winter

but it was on the bike when I rammed the back of a Ford C Max last May, so it took some of The impact and the material below the mesh areas infront of the forks has some delamitation, which is now repaired with a steel brace bonded to the inside. also the carbon extnda has some deep scratches where it hit the front cyl head, these are coloured in and not easy to see when fitted to the bike ... but it can be easily removed and replaced with a new one.

I will take some "after" pictures when the light is better tomorrow
AMcQ
fabiostar

Re: Carbon front mudguard -£30 inc post

Post by fabiostar »

that is actually a dam clean front end your selling Al... good upgrade for somebody :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You forgot to mention that this is the ditch dwellers m/gaurd from the Devon Ditch Dwelling episode...

You should allways disclose the full history of said item it adds to the value.

Also it gives me an excuse to bring up a bit of Storm history which had us all laughing our socks off then & is a good excuse to take the piss again... :lol: :lol:

I seem to remember that said m/gaurd was swapped over at some stage during the weekend & having checked the photos that indeed is the case. Also durring the post ditch dive repair session at the layby you were breating Marty about how he might have damaged said item in the ditch which would sugest that the swap took place before the incident.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37383&start=345#p425542

Nope proof that your m/gaurd didnt dive in a ditch so was swapped prior to the incident...but its a good story & worth bringing up again as it was so bloody funny... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

he he he :D

the story was that I bought the mudguard off Marty, and rather than risk the expensive carbon one being damaged in the post, we decided to swap them when we met in Devon, and then Marty would take my yellow one home and advertise for sale and post it to its new owner with me taking the proceeds of the sale.

on the 2nd morning Marty decided he wasn't going to join us for a full english, and while we were away he swapped the mudguards over the morning before he did the ditch dive ... thereby saving my new purchase from being part of the carnage :thumbup: .
But what makes me laugh is that I don't trust anybody to do work on my bike, so if Marty had told me he was going to do the swap at breakfast time, I would have told him not to do it, and I would have planned to swap them over that evening.... which would have put the carbon one into the ditch.

so yes, that is my original yellow mudguard with the benny sticker that got scratched in the ditch ..
AMcQ
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

Considering I saw it to late 1st time around it would be rude not to consider it now, post the after pics mate if it's not to bad I,ll take it
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

On the bike it is hard to see, but under inspection lamp it is easy to spot the damage

These are the marks on the fender extender, but it can be removed

The distressed section of carbon

The reinforcement bonded on the inside

The other side is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

thanks for the pics,prob going to buy new one now
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

still for sale ?
If you think my attitude stinks ,you should smell my fingers !!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That will make all the differance to your bike :Tongue2: Well done on getting up to 50 posts by posting sensible posts :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

motojohn wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:14 pm still for sale ?
yes it is, although it is damaged and repaired, it still looks good, and the bad marks are on the extender which you can take off or replace.

PM me with your details and I iwill send you my paypal info
AMcQ
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

VTRDark wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:22 am That will make all the differance to your bike :Tongue2: Well done on getting up to 50 posts by posting sensible posts :thumbup:
It will be the glitter :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Got it all wrapped up yesterday so will drop it off at MyHermes collection point today. But I imagine there will be no collections till tomorrow due to the holidays.
AMcQ
motojohn

Post by motojohn »

got it yesterday thanks for packing it so well and the bit of wood to support it was well thought out pure genius :beer: :beer: :beer:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

motojohn wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:14 am got it yesterday thanks for packing it so well and the bit of wood to support it was well thought out pure genius :beer: :beer: :beer:
glad it got to you ok. i was proud of the wooden brace idea as well
AMcQ