VFR800Fi, 2000 HISS model SOLD

Moderator: VTRDark

freeridenick

VFR800Fi, 2000 HISS model SOLD

Post by freeridenick »

Just incase anyone is interested before I list it on ebay. The pic is from the trip I did and I can add more/send anyone more once I've got the PS weekend out of the way this weekend. I will list it at £1,600 but happy to negotiate a little on here.
DSC_5972[1].JPG
ebay listing details. I can't remember the exact mileage or when the MOT expires but will update when I've checked:
Honda VFR800Fi 5th gen in blue. X-reg 2000 model with HISS ingnition. 36,200+ miles with MOT expires next year. I bought this specifically for a trip to Austria, which is now done so it's up for sale as I'm not one for riding on the road.

Before I went I changed the oil and filter. I also replaced the head bearing with taper roller bearing and had the fork seals replaced as the head bearing was notchy and a fork seal was on its way out. On the trip the battery died so that's new too. Otherwise it performed faultlessly on over 2,000 miles of riding.

The prevous owner dropped it doing a U-turn hence the scratches on the right side fairing. These are not too bad and not unusual marks for a bike this age. The right mirror is slightly scratched too as is the bar end. The photos show this as best as I can. Otherwise the bodywork is in good condition with no cracks.

The exhaust has been replaced with a fully stainless system eliminating the issue with rot these bike have. The Reg Rec also looks quite new and the wires are all clean with no sign of heat damage so I think it's a good one and shouldn't cause any problems. The part number shows it to be one from a Blackbird.

Also included are a Givi rack and Monokey topbox, blue Baglux tank cover and tank bag, pillion grab rails and colour matched pillion seat cover. The seat cover is in perfect condition and there are a few other bits I'll include too. The screen is an F.Fabbri tinted double bubble screen and it's got a Datatool alarm fitted. From what I can tell the rest of the bike is completely standard. I have two sets of keys and two alarm fobs, although one needs coding to the alarm (simple job).

It's a great bike ready for more touring, commuting or winter use. Could deliver at cost of fuel for round trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by freeridenick on Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agentpineapple

Re: VFR800Fi, 2000 HISS model

Post by agentpineapple »

shame I haven't any spare cash, i'd have snapped it up, I've been thinking of getting another vfr, I bought a new one back in 98.
the riding I do now lends itself more towards a vfr, I may even sell my vtr in the future.
good luck with the sale buddy..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

agentpineapple wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 am shame I haven't any spare cash, i'd have snapped it up, I've been thinking of getting another vfr, I bought a new one back in 98.
the riding I do now lends itself more towards a vfr, I may even sell my vtr in the future.
Sacrilege!!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:54 pm
agentpineapple wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 am shame I haven't any spare cash, i'd have snapped it up, I've been thinking of getting another vfr, I bought a new one back in 98.
Sacrilege!!!!! :lol:
Sacrilege bleu...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

It's a long shot, but is the bike still available, or did it sell on Ebay?
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

bazza696 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:41 pm It's a long shot, but is the bike still available, or did it sell on Ebay?
Sold mate, sorry. I forgot to update this.