Moderator: VTRDark

Flatline

Rear shock

Post by Flatline »

Know of any decent shocks for sale?
fabiostar

Re: Rear shock

Post by fabiostar »

if you dont wana spend silly money on something you will never really use on the road have a look at those YSS shocks.

i just sold a Penske a while back cause it just wasnt to my butt's liking at all.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:07 pm if you dont wana spend silly money on something you will never really use on the road have a look at those YSS shocks.

i just sold a Penske a while back cause it just wasnt to my butt's liking at all. 8O
Ahh a classic case of not enough lube if ever there was one... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:07 pm if you dont wana spend silly money on something you will never really use on the road have a look at those YSS shocks.

i just sold a Penske a while back cause it just wasnt to my butt's liking at all.
I'm surprised to hear that Rob, did you have the correct spring on it for your body weight?

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:10 pm

I'm surprised to hear that Rob, did you have the correct spring on it for your body weight?

Chris.
They don't do one that small Chris... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Chris.
:lol: id need a child size spring..

i tried two springs on it but just never got the thing how i wanted, in the end i chucked a Hagon in it and so far its been grand.. for all the use it gets these days itl keep me happy
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:18 pm
MacV2 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Chris.
:lol: id need a child size spring..

i tried two springs on it but just never got the thing how i wanted, in the end i chucked a Hagon in it and so far its been grand.. for all the use it gets these days itl keep me happy
Ah I see, at least you're happy with the Hagon :thumbup: which was my next question :)

Chris.

PS. Mac you're naughty boy :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I told you Rob, the spring off a Biro would be a good start!!!!!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Kev L wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:37 pm I told you Rob, the spring off a Biro would be a good start!!!!!
:lol:
:clap: :clap: your not far wrong. i just remembered the dark blue storm i bought during lockdown also had a penske in the rear and i never got that one right either :whatever . for my weight at least they would probably work better as a track shock instead of road use.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have had a few shocks on the bike in my time, and some have been a disappointment.

Had a basic WP emulsion shock as the replacement for standard Honda part. Even after a rebuild, it was only the fact it had a softer spring that made it any improvement over stock, the damping was nothing special.

Changed that for a new base level Nitron road shock with a single damping clicker which effects both Comp & Rebound. Had to fit a softer Spring than the one they recommended, but after that it was great for road riding.

Then I got a 2nd hand Ohlins, with all the separate adjusters, had it rebuilt and fitted the same rate Spring rate as the last Nitron, but I could never get the compression settings perfect. If I had it right for fast cornering it would be too stiff on road imperfections, and if I set it for road imperfections it would wallow slightly in the bends. :(

So I went back to a Nitron race shock with separate adjuster for C & R (but not separate high and low speed compression), and I can get the compromise between cornering and roads far better with this set up.

So for most people I would recommend the base Nitron Road shock as a great compromise between £££££ and performance.
AMcQ
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Hi I have a Proflex rear shock for sale just been rebuilt by Rob at RJS superbike at Mallory. £175 posted if your interested
RIDE TO ENJOY