Silver fuel tank

Moderator: VTRDark

popkat

Silver fuel tank

Post by popkat »

looking for a silver tank, must be rust free, in good condition with no dents and not resprayed, the odd small mark may be ok, but looking for a goodun, ideally with the fuel level sender. It's to go on a 1998 bike with only 5000 miles.

Thanks.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
agentpineapple

Re: Silver fuel tank

Post by agentpineapple »

gaz postans is selling one on facebook mate, I take that silver bike was to far gone.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:looking for a silver tank, must be rust free, in good condition with no dents and not resprayed, the odd small mark may be ok, but looking for a goodun, ideally with the fuel level sender. It's to go on a 1998 bike with only 5000 miles.

Thanks.
Yep I got one Malc.

Fairly good nick to !

C/W sender & tap. It has clear grip pads & a moody alien face tank protector on it both easily removed if you want to.

It has two tiny little chips in the paint on the front right top edge...

Can be supplied with or without the fuel cap & a seat lock but only has one key.

£50 + whatever it costs to ship...est about 15 to 20 quid.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

Cheers Mac, It is for a customers bike that's been laid up for 10 years, the tank is pretty bad but probably just salvageable, the lacquer has yellowed to0 so another tank would be the best solution, his fuel cap is ok so won't need that. I will call him tomorrow then ley you know.. I take it it's rust free inside ?

Thanks
Last edited by popkat on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

agentpineapple wrote:gaz postans is selling one on facebook mate, I take that silver bike was to far gone.
What it's not blue :lol:

The tank and sender are quite badly rusted and the lacquer has yellowed and feels plasticy to touch, odd but it is a one owner bike that's never been re painted.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:Cheers Mac, It is for a customers bike that's been laid up for 10 years, the tank is pretty bad but probably salvageable, the lacquer has yellowed to so another tank would be a good solution, his fuel cap is ok so won't need that. I will call him tomorrow then ley you know.. I take it it's rust free inside ?
I will inspect the inside for you tomorrow Malc & let you know...Pretty sure it's ok but ill get it out in the light & check it over.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:gaz postans is selling one on facebook mate, I take that silver bike was to far gone.
Pah mines in much better nick...cant see the sender wire on his either... :wink:
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:
popkat wrote:Cheers Mac, It is for a customers bike that's been laid up for 10 years, the tank is pretty bad but probably salvageable, the lacquer has yellowed to so another tank would be a good solution, his fuel cap is ok so won't need that. I will call him tomorrow then ley you know.. I take it it's rust free inside ?
I will inspect the inside for you tomorrow Malc & let you know...Pretty sure it's ok but ill get it out in the light & check it over.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spotless even if I do say so myself...

:thumbup:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Spotless, I think you should get a forum award for the photography :thumbup: :lol:

So nice and clean, 2 small chips that will easily touch up and no dents, oh and it's got the rubber flappy bit at the back too (missing on the one I have here)....I'll have it sir. We'll sport the rest by PM, I'll message you later. Thanks.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:Spotless, I think you should get a forum award for the photography :thumbup: :lol:

So nice and clean, 2 small chips that will easily touch up and no dents, oh and it's got the rubber flappy bit at the back too (missing on the one I have here)....I'll have it sir. We'll sport the rest by PM, I'll message you later. Thanks.
Yeah quite impressed with the pic meself... :lol:

I did delete several more tho... :wink:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think you should get a forum award for the photography :thumbup: :lol:
I was juts thinking what good pics they are. :clap: :clap:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I have a mental image of mac dropping his phone in the fuel tank, and having to turn it upside down and shake the phone out..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

More concerning is the subject matter of those other, deleted, photographs! What was he dangling into the tank? Popkat I would think long and hard (unlike the item dangling!!) before buying this. Grain STD's are notorious throughout the civilised world, and Devon!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF