Partial Wiring loom

Moderator: VTRDark

parkergb6

Partial Wiring loom

Post by parkergb6 »

Does anyone have a wiring loom for sale, I am actually only after the multi plug connector that goes to the starter solenoid, mine melted when reg/rec went awhile ago. (sits in a rubber boot and has four blade connectors in a red plastic housing)
Cheers
MacV2

Re: Partial Wiring loom

Post by MacV2 »

parkergb6 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:37 pm Does anyone have a wiring loom for sale, I am actually only after the multi plug connector that goes to the starter solenoid, mine melted when reg/rec went awhile ago. (sits in a rubber boot and has four blade connectors in a red plastic housing)
Cheers
I've got a full loom.

It has a working Datatool alarm on it & will come with 2 fobs...You could remove the alarm if you didn't want it on there.

It has had the reg/rec plug removed as before I swapped the loom with another one, I had fitted a Mosfet reg rec & so unpicked the std plug & plugged the wires straight in with the std crimps. I'd have to check it but I may have cut the wires when I changed it. If I haven't & I can find the old block they can be put back in...

Think I paid 30 ish quid for the replacement loom so make me an offer if interested.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Hiya Mac don't suppose you'd consider just selling the bit I'm after by cutting the connector off. Stupid question perhaps. Seen looms on EBay for about £20-25.
Cheers
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

parkergb6 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:17 am Hiya Mac don't suppose you'd consider just selling the bit I'm after by cutting the connector off. Stupid question perhaps. Seen looms on EBay for about £20-25.
Cheers
Hi back...I'd rather not cut it off as it then renders the loom usless...I'd have thought that if melted that plug there could be other damage on that loom & IMO you'd be better off changing it any way...

It's not as daunting as it sounds I've changed a couple of looms, takes a fair bit of stripping down but a cople of hours max to do it.

If you looking at ebay ones study the pic's very carefully they can often be missing conectors or have bodges esp on the indi's where people have cut the loom & crimped on aftermarket wires...

Is your bike ridable ? If so your welcome to pop over & I can help you change the loom.

I'd take £25 for the loom I have... if that helps.

I'm out in the Cave later today I used to have an old loom but I'm sure I gave it to someone as it already had a few bits chopped off it I'll have to check.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

send a photo of the bit you need, I have a box with 2 connectors in it and some R/R's. these are spare, so might be of use to either of you.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

There you go Stuart, the bit he's asking for is part of the loom & its the plug that fits into the starter relay, has a 3 spade conection & the main fuse under the cover...

As it happens I do have a scrap loom...unfortunatly that plug has already been chopped off & gone to a new home...Sorry.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Sorry, not got that part.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Thanks Guys. The part is for a friend of mine who has had the same issue on a VTR. Part is identical. He has decided to crimp new individual connectors onto each wire and solder each further back. I reckon hes done more damage but we will see.
Thank you very much for your input and MAC cheers for putting up the photo.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I have one.
5.00 posted?
Cheers
Tony
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Tony that would be great. PM me your preferred payment method and I'll get it sorted. Thanks