Footrest bits

Moderator: VTRDark

freeridenick

Footrest bits

Post by freeridenick »

Has anyone got a set of bolts and spacers, the small 5mm Allen head one? Or even a set of footrests. All I need are the plates, no pegs or pedals.
MacV2

Re: Footrest bits

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:02 pm Has anyone got a set of bolts and spacers, the small 5mm Allen head one? Or even a set of footrests. All I need are the plates, no pegs or pedals.
https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... 3270/pedal

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... e3271/step

Check the fiche & make a list of the bits your after.

Post it up & I'll see what Franks got in stock... I do have a compleat L/H side.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

il check nick, i mite hav a left hand one,i think, il have a look tomorrow
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Forget the bolt a spacer request. I forgot that the stock footrests only have a spacer on the right. The Harris ones I have need one on both sides, which I have but they're a bit Heath Robinson. They'll do. I just need the M6 bolt for the right side. I must have one that will work but couldn't find one in my spares.

If anyone has parts 2, 11 and 3 I'll take them though. I don't want to break up a complete footrest, I'm going to hack them up anyway. I think it was on the Superhawk forum where I read about a conversation to accept more common pegs. Basically cutting the head plate off and welding a bracket on to take something like CBR600 rearsets. Cheaper and easier to get hold of than the Harris ones I keep bending.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 am Forget the bolt a spacer request. I forgot that the stock footrests only have a spacer on the right. The Harris ones I have need one on both sides, which I have but they're a bit Heath Robinson. They'll do. I just need the M6 bolt for the right side. I must have one that will work but couldn't find one in my spares.

If anyone has parts 2, 11 and 3 I'll take them though. I don't want to break up a complete footrest, I'm going to hack them up anyway. I think it was on the Superhawk forum where I read about a conversation to accept more common pegs. Basically cutting the head plate off and welding a bracket on to take something like CBR600 rearsets. Cheaper and easier to get hold of than the Harris ones I keep bending.

Is that the plates & spacer or the gear linkage 2, 11 & 3 ???

I'll have a rake tomorrow & get back to you...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i had a look nick but sorry nothing of that ilk in my cave..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Frank he say Yesssss!
FRNick bits.jpg
£ ? make Frank an offer...

Took the bolt & spacer off a runner & matched it so they are the correct ones.

As you can see the R/H hanger is broken but as your planning on a cut & shut is ther enough there?

The linkage & rod are parts you may not need but you never confirmed the 1,11,3 bits as ther were two seperate fiche pics...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you're going to be welding, why not weld the ears onto the frame a la the posh race frames with bolt spacings for fire Blades, as there's loads of them available cheap.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

He can't hear you as he hasn't got the ears yet. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

tony.mon wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 4:32 pm If you're going to be welding, why not weld the ears onto the frame a la the posh race frames with bolt spacings for fire Blades, as there's loads of them available cheap.
Interesting thought that. Humm.