Race belly pan

Moderator: VTRDark

freeridenick

Race belly pan

Post by freeridenick »

Massive long shot but has anyone got one lying around? Even if it's in need of repair.
Thanks
popkat

Re: Race belly pan

Post by popkat »

Yes, but how soon do you need it, I'd have to check it over and make sure it's what your after, it will need some work I'm sure, It's a moriwaki type so sits underneath and doesn't connect with the top fairing.

I'm going to be away for a week or so, may get to see/check it before I go but wouldn't be able to do anything about posting for a couple of weeks. when I'm back to work (early September)

Or I'll be at Mallory Park on 8th/9th September and could take it up with me

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

popkat wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:11 am Yes, but how soon do you need it, I'd have to check it over and make sure it's what your after, it will need some work I'm sure, It's a moriwaki type so sits underneath and doesn't connect with the top fairing.

I'm going to be away for a week or so, may get to see/check it before I go but wouldn't be able to do anything about posting for a couple of weeks. when I'm back to work (early September)

Or I'll be at Mallory Park on 8th/9th September and could take it up with me

Early September is fine Popkat, thanks. As long as it's the race version any repairs are fine. I've got a Moriwaki copy myself but it's got the cut out for the side stand and won't hold enough fluid.

Edit - I could meet you at Mallory as it happens.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Had a look at it this morning Nick, yes it is fully enclosed, it has a burn hole from the front downpipe, it had to sit very close, I wore through it and nearly wore through the downpipe (getting the lean on :lol: ) So as with any belly pan ground clearance will be limited by that downpipe.. The hole is quite long, about 6" and about 1" at it's widest but perfectly fixable. It also has a drain hole in the bottom, we used to have to run like this with a bung then take the bung out in the wet. They changed rules now and don't allow holes, it's only small and easy to fill or bung.

I will take it to Mallory but please give me a reminder a couple of days before so I don't forget it. Don't know how much to ask for it, I was always going to keep it as a momento of when I raced a Firestorm but tbh it's sat up in the garage roof for the last 18 years so might as well get some use.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

popkat wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 am Had a look at it this morning Nick, yes it is fully enclosed, it has a burn hole from the front downpipe, it had to sit very close, I wore through it and nearly wore through the downpipe (getting the lean on :lol: ) So as with any belly pan ground clearance will be limited by that downpipe.. The hole is quite long, about 6" and about 1" at it's widest but perfectly fixable. It also has a drain hole in the bottom, we used to have to run like this with a bung then take the bung out in the wet. They changed rules now and don't allow holes, it's only small and easy to fill or bung.

I will take it to Mallory but please give me a reminder a couple of days before so I don't forget it. Don't know how much to ask for it, I was always going to keep it as a momento of when I raced a Firestorm but tbh it's sat up in the garage roof for the last 18 years so might as well get some use.
Thanks.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I have one of these, which i think is the best. Put you may struggle to find one. It is not the usual plastic one, they are fiber glass and longer than the plastic one to hold sufficient fluid for racing

http://www.1tail.com/Shark_Skinz/Racing ... 70/733421/#