Longer sidestand wanted

Moderator: VTRDark

KermitLeFrog

Longer sidestand wanted

Post by KermitLeFrog »

With my rear sag set properly and the intention to pack the shock a little my stock sidestand is very lacking in inches. Can anyone help?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Cadbury64

Re: Longer sidestand wanted

Post by Cadbury64 »

I had the same problem and installed a sidestand from a CBR1000RR (maybe 05-06 but that's from failing memory), the stand is a direct swap and adds the necessary length for a bike with raised suspension. I did have to bend the foot tang a bit to clear the pipe. It probably adds another 15-20 km/hr top speed too...
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 pm With my rear sag set properly and the intention to pack the shock a little my stock sidestand is very lacking in inches. Can anyone help?

Frank would sell you a Blackbird SS...

...but this one is cheaper so buy it now... if it's still there in the morning then I will buy it anyway...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-BLACKB ... SwgNFb21ON

Super cheap look at the rices of otheres up there today...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

MacV2 wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 pm With my rear sag set properly and the intention to pack the shock a little my stock sidestand is very lacking in inches. Can anyone help?

Frank would sell you a Blackbird SS...

...but this one is cheaper so buy it now... if it's still there in the morning then I will buy it anyway...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-BLACKB ... SwgNFb21ON

Super cheap look at the rices of otheres up there today...
Thanky kindly Mac. Purchased. I'm looking forward to the chocolate induced speed increase.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)