Half decent bike at the right price.

Moderator: VTRDark

freeridenick

Half decent bike at the right price.

Post by freeridenick »

Full disclosure. This is a feeler request that may or may not result in a sale for someone.

I'm off mountain biking at the end of August in Austria. I'm renting a bike when I get there (enduro eMTB) so all I need to carry is a week's worth of lycra and a couple of t-shirts and a pair of jeans. The plan was to fly to Munich, meet friends then drive to Austria for the start of the ride.

Now I'm thinking I could ride out and back instead of fly and make a bit of a road trip of it. The snag is I've not looked at ferries yet nor do I have a bike. I have the bits to make one but I doubt I will have time to build it in time.

So who has a bike, VTR or otherwise, they might be looking to sell in the summer? It is highly likely I will sell it again a week later so something disposable but fun and comfortable is what I'm after.
MacV2

Re: Half decent bike at the right price.

Post by MacV2 »

This ones in Pudsey, on Gumtree...Looks not to bad 35k reasonable price...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-mot ... ntent=none
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Re: Half decent bike at the right price.

Post by tony.mon »

That one with the butchered so called bobber rear end is easy to put right, a subframe (got one) and a seat (got one) a tail plastic (got one, a bit ratty but it would do) and a rear light is about it would need.
850, call it 775 with a bit of haggling, plus a handful of bits would get you one to do the job for 900.
Worth a thought....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.