Silverstorm 12 Months on

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
lloydie

Re: Silverstorm 12 Months on

Post by lloydie »

Sounds like a good plan ,remember to lube the rear linkages while you have it all apart ,they dry out faster than you think
kev64

Post by kev64 »

So xmas is done, its so mild I went for a ride out new years eve ! so everything was put on hold for a while.
Anyway, swing arm was to be powdered, so bike supported, removed all parts,
all parts went away for P/C (total price for 6 items in the picture was 60 quid, I kid you not !)
On return, new swing arm bearings fitted and greased. All linkages removed, taken apart cleaned and regreased.
All parts then refitted, torqued up etc, reasonably happy with the results so far.
Could you work in these cramped and untidy conditions ?Image

Exhaust headers were removed and the black paint, well what was left from last year was removed
A good clean and polish ,however ,not as shiny as some on here !!
I still am having problems with lining up exhausts,with everything slack and loose it still don't look right

Paintwork is next and have decided to go back to totally silver, so parts will be sprayed when funds become available Image!

front forks are next as they have not been looked at since I got the bike.
Again, depending on funds, I would like these to be Rogered but I doubt this will happen,
probably just a strip clean, rebuild and fresh oil ! oh and fork lowers will be black !!
and will do this following APs instructions !
and also while the front end is off, will fit my new (second hand) wavy front Discs

Apart from a spring service the only other thing that needs doing is the Valve clearances
All this might change though,
The bike will be back together this morning and a 5 mile shake down may be done !!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice that you're making it look like a taxi in tribute to AP!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

Looking good! Although I have a garage the cr@p along the sides mean I have around the same useable space as you - it's why I've taken up yoga

How much does it cost to get Rogered? (that sounds so wrong/right) :twisted: :angel:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

SmileyVTR wrote:Looking good! Although I have a garage the cr@p along the sides mean I have around the same useable space as you - it's why I've taken up yoga

How much does it cost to get Rogered? (that sounds so wrong/right) :twisted: :angel:
It's something like £250 IIRC but Lloydie will do it for free, bring your own lube...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Looking very good Kev :clap: Did you used to be a gynaecologist, used to working in confined areas :wink:
SmileyVTR wrote: How much does it cost to get Rogered? (that sounds so wrong/right) :twisted: :angel:
Roger has kept the cost down for VTR fork upgrades as he has a soft spot for them :wink: fire him an email for up to date prices, here's his site:-
http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

iirc I paid roger £230 to be fully rogered, great service and the results are that good, I decided to sell my 954 front end..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote:
SmileyVTR wrote:Looking good! Although I have a garage the cr@p along the sides mean I have around the same useable space as you - it's why I've taken up yoga

It's something like £250 IIRC but Lloydie will do it for free, bring your own lube...
And bring a bottle of rum !
To ease the pain !!
kev64

Post by kev64 »

So with the back end done I turned my attention to the front end.
Couldn't afford a rogered front end so just a fork oil change, (thanks steve)
Fork lowers got a paint as well(although the laquer made them go glossy which I didn't want ! :x ).

Wavy discs fitted, along with a new tyre.
Starter motor got a good clean and repaint along with the front head cam cover
Didn't do the valve clearances but had a quick check of the play in the cam chain , which was ok.
(Valve clearances will be done this year, maybe :D )
The engine also got a good clean.

Finally, as money is very tight this year, I couldn't afford a respray of the fairing and tank.
Headlight surround has gone back to silver (apparently the paint code is Honda silver !! )
The seat cowl got sprayed back to silver but reacted strangley and I just cant be bothered ! :thumbdown:
So the work continues, hope to be finished this week(weather permitting) as I got a few days off
Things are still not fully to my liking, but I'm reasonably happy with what I done so far this winter.

More to come later in the week !! :beer:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

getting there mate, I thought it was boon silver, forks look good, maybe go over them with a matt lacquer if you don't want them too glossy, and I noticed you never took the plastic fork guards oof as I can see silver paint above the.... :wink:
tbh they can be a bugger to remove, and I've done 4 sets of forks now, and it's only been the last 2 that I've removed the plastic guards, keep going mate you'll have it how you want it soon enough.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:getting there mate, I thought it was boon silver, forks look good, maybe go over them with a matt lacquer if you don't want them too glossy, and I noticed you never took the plastic fork guards oof as I can see silver paint above the.... :wink:
tbh they can be a bugger to remove, and I've done 4 sets of forks now, and it's only been the last 2 that I've removed the plastic guards, keep going mate you'll have it how you want it soon enough.... :thumbup:
Sharp tap in an upwards direction with a hide hammer or suchlike *, it's not like your gonna scratch the paint as your painting them anyway...

* Imcompleate tool kit ? No hide hammer or such like...Take a piece of timber 1''x2'' should do it, butt that against the bottom of the plastic & a sharp blow with a hammer...You do have a hammmer in the tool box right...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
kev64

Post by kev64 »

I did remove them, but I masked off round there starting from the groove upwards !!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

wtf is a hide hammer, I only have 3 types of hammer, small medium and large...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

agentpineapple wrote:wtf is a hide hammer, I only have 3 types of hammer, small medium and large...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hide hammer is what Mac & Carl do when they see you working on your bike
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:wtf is a hide hammer, I only have 3 types of hammer, small medium and large...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hide hammer is what Mac & Carl do when they see you working on your bike
Germany must agree with you Al, that made Oi larf that did!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF