Project Blue Belle

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
StormyRob

Re: Project Blue Belle

Post by StormyRob »

Couldn't have said it better myself Paul. This forum is fantastic. I chat to a few from here outside the forum too. Everyone has been fantastic. I believe I will have a bike similar to the one I had originally planned(moriwaki stuff excluded!) . Yea it has cost me but it wouldn't be possible if not for the help and advice I have received from people here.

Onwards and upwards
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Pla3108

Post by Pla3108 »

StormyRob wrote:Credit to monkeymatt for this pic.

I discussed this with a couple of guys that are endlessly helping me out. I will be going for a powder coated version but ideally it will look pretty similar. Should be there in the next week or so.
That arms fantastic!
God this is going to cost me a fortune
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Now you've gone and opened up a whole can of worms pla3108
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

That arm belongs to YETI. Still missing in action...
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

Pla3108 wrote:
StormyRob wrote:Credit to monkeymatt for this pic.

I discussed this with a couple of guys that are endlessly helping me out. I will be going for a powder coated version but ideally it will look pretty similar. Should be there in the next week or so.
That arms fantastic!
God this is going to cost me a fortune
Not necessarily a fortune, I bought a 1998 Fireblade arm for £28 & a Blade calliper & bracket for £30 and I'm sure they could both have been bought for less. I've gone for the blade calliper to save cutting the brace down, this way it should look a bit more 'factory' once completed. The only extra work will be removing the calliper guides from both and welding the blade one inside the Firestorm arm & if I do all the cutting and grinding I should have a finished braced Firestorm arm for less than £80 after the cost of welding. Only thing left will be the decision to either polish, powder coat or paint.
Rappelez tout mais ne pardonner rien!!
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

And old thread with a lot of bad feelings so I hate to bring it back around....
BUT I wanted to ask, am I reading this right.. The Mario fairing molds went to someone in Wales, and from there this Matt guy got them, but never actually made any fairings to be delivered?

Did I get that right from what i read, its confirmed the Mario mods were in Matts possession last known?
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

E.Marquez wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 pm And old thread with a lot of bad feelings so I hate to bring it back around....
BUT I wanted to ask, am I reading this right.. The Mario fairing molds went to someone in Wales, and from there this Matt guy got them, but never actually made any fairings to be delivered?

Did I get that right from what i read, its confirmed the Mario mods were in Matts possession last known?
If I am not mistaken they actually belonged to Ian Mercer but Matt had them. I think Ian eventually got them back so maybe worth a shout on Facebook Erik
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I belive your right Rob.
SINGLE SEAT UNIT`s & BODYWORK KITS
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

That was 2016 -

This post is from 2017 from Yeti > viewtopic.php?f=41&t=38236&p=437008&hil ... en#p437008

Goodness knows where the moulds are now after the sorry saga. Hopefully Ian / Yeti can clarify what the current situation is with the whereabouts of the Mario moulds.

All I know is that I made Ian / Yeti some logos / pics for 'Bespoke Carbon' in late 2015 which was used on a now defunct facebook page before things went awry.

Oh what a tangled web...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
mario1962

Post by mario1962 »

Hello everybody

I am Mario Nava.
I sold the moulds to the wales guys, Mike Tanski, a very nice person, who came to my house to see and get the moulds.
After then I know he sold :( everything to mr Ian Mercer. I don't know anything, beside this.
Reading the main Post I see there is someone (Yety) who writes about fairing and tail developed. Looking at the Tail, and expecially at the part who makes the removable seat, I can tell that this came out from our "ex" moulds.
After the sale I forwarded all the emails that I received, and still receive, from people asking about the kit.
I forwared emails to Mike, first, then to Ian.
Anyway I NEVER received any kind of reply from Ian Mercer.
Email did not bounce back so I assume the email address was correct.
I mailed him a couple of time asking for a reply, few days ago. No luck.
As I received an email from another guy interested I would like to know who can build the fairing so I can forward him the emails.
If you wish, I don't check forums often, you can mail me directly. I would appreciate.

Thank you very much.

Mario Nava
Ps, Happy Easter.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

mario1962 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:05 pm Hello everybody

I am Mario Nava.
I sold the moulds to the wales guys, Mike Tanski, a very nice person, who came to my house to see and get the moulds.
After then I know he sold :( everything to mr Ian Mercer. I don't know anything, beside this.
Reading the main Post I see there is someone (Yety) who writes about fairing and tail developed. Looking at the Tail, and expecially at the part who makes the removable seat, I can tell that this came out from our "ex" moulds.
After the sale I forwarded all the emails that I received, and still receive, from people asking about the kit.
As I received an email from another guy interested I would like to know who can build the fairing so I can forward him the emails.
If you wish, I don't check forums often, you can mail me directly. I would appreciate.

Thank you very much.

Mario Nava
Ps, Happy Easter.

Mario nice to hear from you, Yeti is Ian Mercer, I will contact him on FaceBook & link this post to him. Hopefully he will respond directly to you.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

mario1962 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:05 pm Hello everybody

I am Mario Nava.

Thank you very much.

Mario Nava
Ps, Happy Easter.

Mario nice to hear from you, Yeti is Ian Mercer, I will contact him on FaceBook & link this post to him. Hopefully he will respond directly to you.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
YETI

Post by YETI »

Unfortunately this has raised its ugly head again .
It Makes me sick just thinking about it let alone reading it all back ( which I just have ) if I'm totally honest .
A lot of guys got ripped off by that Matt Greenall and for obvious reasons I was dragged through the muddy wake too ( which was my own stupid fault for being so bloody trusting ) .
I've barely had anything made from those moulds since I had the broken remains repaired after forcing that piece of crap to give them back by quite literally threatening to do him some serious physical damage ! .
I totally lost heart in the whole project and I've lost countless ! orders over the years because I just couldn't face someone not being 100% happy or the possibility of an order going missing and then have to deal with the resulting unhappy customer ( better to just not supply seemed the easier option ) I think I've supplied 2 or maybe 3 seat units ( under duress ) in all those years and just 2 fairings one was sold at cost price very recently to a very good friend and made especially for her , the other one was made for me and sat on my spare bike for about 2yrs and then sold off for less than cost price as i just didnt want it .
I had people I classed as friends as far away as Australia doubt my honesty in actually being able to supply fairings and seats and that really hurt ! As im 100% honest and would never take money off anyone unless i could supply either parts or these fairings and seat units , I have 2 guys in America right now wanting fairings and wanting to pay but I just can't do it even though I know 100% that I can supply a top class product very easily .
As some of you may know I'm building myself a bit of a special and was planning on using the moulds to make my fairings / in fact I had several sets made including paying to adapt one mould to make race fairings but I'm torn as to whether I will actually use them as this saga has left a HUGE bitter taste in my mouth and I struggle to even look at them knowing how people were treated because of my stupidity in letting myself get involved with that butt wipe .
To say it affected me deeply is an understatement , I had big plans for those moulds and realised none of them .
To anyone who was affected directly or indirectly I humbly apologise .
Ian ...... yeti .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ian,

As far as I remember there was no negativity concerning you, just the other bloke. I can fully appreciate why you would feel wronged by the whole saga, but I for one accepted your version of events, which echoed Rob's story if I recall correctly.
It's a real pity for Mario that the work he put in to the initial development of these products has stalled but fully understandable given the circumstances.
I hope you come to accept the situation, realise that anyone who knows you wouldn't distrust you, and maybe get to a place where the option of producing some of the items becomes viable for you. The VTR is still a very popular bike and fewer aftermarket bits are out there.

Good luck fella :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mario1962

Post by mario1962 »

Hello everybody,

I am so sad to know that ended this way. Very sad to know that someone, without any skill, broke the moulds. :(
We proudly built and sold dozens all over the world fom Australia to USA during many years.
Then unfortunately we had to stop.
I hoped that someone could continue to duild and I forwarded all the emails I got, and still get (the last one a couple of days ago).
I was just a bit disappointed as I never got any reply. Did you get all my email, Ian?
Do you want I still forward you what I receive?

Let me know.

Many thanks, Mac V2, for your help.

Mario Nava

EDIT
To be fair. I understood it's not Ian's fault, that caused the the damage to the moulds.
Ian, please mail me and let me know what I should do about the emails I still receive.