It's that time again.....

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
Shauned71

Re: It's that time again.....

Post by Shauned71 »

bigr250 wrote:
Shauned71 wrote: Image
It seems you've gone with the same rear calliper solution as I chose in using the blade bracket & transferred the locating slot as well as the brace.

Definitely the better option in my eye's, looks great.

Mine is only waiting to be dropped off at the welders then decide on paint or polish????? :wtf: :wtf:
I wasn't sure which way to go.. like this or turn the right side of the the brace down early to fit standard parts...
But by chance I have a pile of parts here ready for a mates bike which will be the next project as soon as I finish.. or at least nearly finish this build for myself. In with his parts a ready braced storm s/a so I was able to just copy his.. now it's done i'm glad I have gone this route.. think it looks better.

The only thing that doesn't work quite right in my eyes although easily remedied.. the brake pipe... I have braided lines on the storm, the brake pipe attaches at the front of the rear caliper and drops straight down towards the swing arm but by swinging the caliper backwards to clear the brace the pipe now points upwards... it's no biggie but if you are picky it's either a different end to the pipe or swap for a blade caliper.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Back on the bike again... had a call this morning to say the front end was ready.. now have the 6 spoke blade wheel fitting the R1 forks.. picked them up around dinner time and seeing as I was in the area dropped the wheels off to the powder coaters.. Nice surprise when I got there, frame and bits all ready.. So happy, couldn't wait to get home and start on the bike lol

Engine in... front and rear subframes fitted... few water pipes, carbs and most of the wiring back in place.
Goals over the next couple days... finish getting wiring back in place plus do stick coil conversion. Trim and refit the rear tray ready for fitting a aftermarket undertray. Get the front end on.. with the R1 wheel for now and work out where i'm cutting and joining my yokes so I can get them off for welding. If the bearings I have are good... will fit swing arm, rear sets, rear brake system and headers.... may even push to get her fired up as well. At the very least want to have a rolling chassis over the weekend even if it means fitting a spare s/a for now.
Attachments
DSC_1693.JPG
DSC_1693.JPG (1.28 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
DSC_1694.JPG
DSC_1694.JPG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
DSC_1696.JPG
DSC_1696.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
DSC_1698.JPG
DSC_1698.JPG (1.43 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
DSC_1701.JPG
DSC_1701.JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
DSC_1703.JPG
DSC_1703.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
DSC_1707.JPG
DSC_1707.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
DSC_1709.JPG
DSC_1709.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 5878 times
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

you are doing really tidy work there Shaun
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

"It's that time again"

Yep sat on the crapper dropping a chocolate hostage
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:"It's that time again"

Yep sat on the crapper dropping a chocolate hostage ImageImage
Pmsl. Trust you :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Couldn't help it
Watty

Post by Watty »

Shauned71 wrote:Back on the bike again... had a call this morning to say the front end was ready.. now have the 6 spoke blade wheel fitting the R1 forks.. picked them up around dinner time and seeing as I was in the area dropped the wheels off to the powder coaters.. Nice surprise when I got there, frame and bits all ready.. So happy, couldn't wait to get home and start on the bike lol

Engine in... front and rear subframes fitted... few water pipes, carbs and most of the wiring back in place.
Goals over the next couple days... finish getting wiring back in place plus do stick coil conversion. Trim and refit the rear tray ready for fitting a aftermarket undertray. Get the front end on.. with the R1 wheel for now and work out where i'm cutting and joining my yokes so I can get them off for welding. If the bearings I have are good... will fit swing arm, rear sets, rear brake system and headers.... may even push to get her fired up as well. At the very least want to have a rolling chassis over the weekend even if it means fitting a spare s/a for now.
Mate that is looking very pretty and some Lovely "perfectionist" touches :thumbup: . Me being OCD notice these things :lol: ! Keep up the good work :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Thanks for the comments... except Lloydie.. his comment was crap :lol:
lloydie wrote:Couldn't help it Image
Well when you gotta go you gotta go... hrrrmph sploosh

Don't know why but your first comment reminded me of my first job... small garden/pet shop.. owner was a real character and quite witty.. was only about 14 at the time and worked Saturdays, he had a habit of announcing when he was going for a dump.. brb.. gotta launch a brown shark. His partner (woman) damn she used to hate it :lol:
Watty wrote: Mate that is looking very pretty and some Lovely "perfectionist" touches :thumbup: . Me being OCD notice these things :lol: ! Keep up the good work :thumbup:
I think we all have a bit of OCD in us but think it's growing in me as I get older... find myself fussing in ways I wouldn't of a few years ago.

Had a good crack on the bike Friday but today been a off day because of how much mess I made in my shed the past couple days... plus shopping and a bit of housework. Done the home bit and then spent some time having a tidy up, put tools away etc.. get the place organised to push onwards... shed is only 16x10 but it looked like it had been picked up, shook and put back down again :lol:

Next on the list... fit rads and a few more pipes, fit oil cooler, sort a bit more wiring out, stick coil conversion plus fit a reg as I sold the one off this bike to a mate.. have what I think is a fireblade reg... or maybe it's an R1 reg.. either way it's on my old bike that's in bits so need to rewire to this one. Need to fit a different rear brake line as the one off the bike won't do the trick because of the re positioned caliper and added brace. I'm sure I will find a few other odd bits to do but that will basically be tomorrows plan and then it will be a few days off because of other stuff I have to do.. hopefully I will get my wheels and exhaust brackets back from powder coating mid week... once I have them I will crack on. Will get paint sorted for the belly pan, undertray and probably the R1 mudguard early in the week aiming to paint the bits next weekend. Was going to buy a carbon front mudguard but not sure how far funds will stretch... still have to buy new clip ons plus really would like a new rear shock seeing as I have gone this far with the bike.

Few photos since my last post... the last 2 photos taken this morning in daylight but as far as bike goes was state of play as of Friday night.
Attachments
DSC_1713.JPG
DSC_1713.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1714a.jpg
DSC_1714a.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1717.JPG
DSC_1717.JPG (1.53 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1718a.jpg
DSC_1718a.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1719.JPG
DSC_1719.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1721.JPG
DSC_1721.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1723.JPG
DSC_1723.JPG (1.43 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Attachments
DSC_1724.JPG
DSC_1724.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1726.JPG
DSC_1726.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1729.JPG
DSC_1729.JPG (3.62 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
DSC_1730.JPG
DSC_1730.JPG (3.6 MiB) Viewed 5832 times
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good shaun. but how many shades of gold is there on your bike..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

Shauned71 wrote:
The only thing that doesn't work quite right in my eyes although easily remedied.. the brake pipe... I have braided lines on the storm, the brake pipe attaches at the front of the rear caliper and drops straight down towards the swing arm but by swinging the caliper backwards to clear the brace the pipe now points upwards... it's no biggie but if you are picky it's either a different end to the pipe or swap for a blade caliper.

As I was going down the eBay route I waited for a calliper bracket & calliper for a sensible price, I already had the arm but was holding out for both & got the bracket thrown in with the calliper.
Rappelez tout mais ne pardonner rien!!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

bigr250 wrote:

As I was going down the eBay route I waited for a calliper bracket & calliper for a sensible price, I already had the arm but was holding out for both & got the bracket thrown in with the calliper.
:thumbup: Job done... you can run the brake pipe it's normal route. Iv'e fitted a pipe on mine which don't look too bad but will probably look out for blade caliper at a later date and swap.

agentpineapple wrote:looking good shaun. but how many shades of gold is there on your bike..... :lol:
Too many... all the gold bits up front are the bling, or what I like to call :sick: that came on the R6... most of it will be going, new black clip ons, different master/res, have black levers to go on.. only bit i'll be left with that i'm not fussed on are the gold fork tops so will probably get some black preload adjusters to take my eye off them.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Bit more progress... and that will be it for a few days while I get on with other stuff.
Stick coil mod done, besides what switches I have yet to fit all the wiring is in place. Radiators/fan fitted/wired. Put a couple rad hoses in place... have decided not to bother moving the rads back... forks touch the rad hose but it's minimal, literally a glance. All i'm going to do is stick to small pieces of foam (self adhesive draft excluder) to the back of the yokes where it touches the hose just for piece of mind. All drain pipes/breathers etc fitted in place. S/steel braided clutch line fitted. Swapped out the rear brake line... not completely happy with it but it fits and looks better than the previous one. Cleaned and fitted all the fairing brackets. Think that's about it... all being well get my wheels back mid week and will press on Wednesday or Thursday...
Attachments
DSC_1739a.jpg
DSC_1739a.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 5796 times
DSC_1743.JPG
DSC_1743.JPG (3.5 MiB) Viewed 5796 times
DSC_1745.JPG
DSC_1745.JPG (3.42 MiB) Viewed 5796 times
DSC_1747.JPG
DSC_1747.JPG (3.71 MiB) Viewed 5796 times
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Well mid week came and went... and so did today and I still have no wheels :-( Thay had told me they were very busy so wasn't holding my breathe but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad disappointed.

Meanwhile I have cleaned up all the discs, polished up all the disc bolts etc ready to refit.. fitted the side stand and switch... picked up some paint and materials today so tomorrow i'll break out the paint guns... undertray, mudguard and belly to sort out.... prime the belly in the morn... undertray and mudguard can both go straight into colour in the afternoon and then Sunday i'll get some colour on the belly.

HRC rear brake res, 4 new indicators, new toe spigots for my rear sets and a few other bits all turned up this week... been told the wheels will be ready Tues... fingers crossed.

Only other thing i'm waiting for now.. and kinda the most important bit.. clip ons. can't set the front up, can't put the tank on either until I work out some throttle cables.. blah... haven't heard anything since ordering so don't know if they have even left the states yet.

Really looking forward to getting the wheels back but i'm sure the next few days will go by as slow as possible lol Just being impatient I suppose... can't wait to get her finished so I can crack on with the next one :biggrin
Streetfighter or cafe racer... having trouble making my mind up :think:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Looking really very bloody nice mate :thumbup: . Just one thing! Get those bloody rusty sump bolts changed :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!