Which speedo/rev counter?

General Bike chat
Watty

Which speedo/rev counter?

Post by Watty »

Don't know if I' being paranoid but my f3 registered 1.3.03 has white background rev counter and temp gauge! Other f3's seem to have 2/3 speedo, black background rev counter and digital part attached? Is this just around changeover time or possibly just an earlier model registered later? Also should reserve fuel led light up with ignition on as a test and go off once bike is running or does it only light up when low on fuel? Cheers, Andy.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Re: Which speedo/rev counter?

Post by agentpineapple »

i believe the clock fascias changed whilst the f2/f3 bikes were in production, can't remember which way round tho, i think it was 1 white/ 1 black and then 2 black fascia's on the last bikes, as usial i might be wrong....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

F2 black speedo, white rev counter (middle clock) and lcd display on the right, F3 the same but both dials black. if you've not got this you have a left over older model (16 litre tank model) Model code should be on a sticker on the subframe under the seat.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Your right Marty, F2 has one white clock and black engine cases, F3 all black background clocks and bronze engine cases.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Just looked under seat! It's an FY! Still love it though. Does that mean its definately got small tank :( ? Are there any other differences? Anyone know answer to my reserve warning light question? Cheers,Andy.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

If its the old model,then no....the light doesn't come on as a test when the ignition is switched on. It only comes on when you are about to walk home.

The tip is to set your trip meter when you fill up and when you get close to 90 miles start looking for a petrol station and by 100 the light will be on and by 120 /130 you will be pushing :(
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Here's the F3 dash mate -

F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

So mine is an FY? Or f2? Soz for being dumb! Did do research before buying but never thought about models in showrooms being registered later?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The F2 will have the same dash as this but the centre clock is white faced.
The FY should have these guages -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-vtr-100 ... t_95wt_958

It will also have the 16l tank.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Wattys1 wrote:So mine is an FY? Or f2? Soz for being dumb! Did do research before buying but never thought about models in showrooms being registered later?
Did you check the VIN plate on the bike before buying? Should also be on your Vehicle Reg Doc.

VIN code, as an example JH2SC36A4VM8******

JH2: country of production (JH2=WMI Honda Japan, 1HF=Honda America, ZDC=Honda Italy, VTM=Montesa/Honda Spain)
SC36: type = VTR1000F)
A (or B): early or late version
4: control number (1-9 or X)
V: year (T=1996, V=1997, W=1998, X=1999, Y=2000, 1=2001 ... 6=2006)
M: factory (M=Hamamatsu/Japan, K=Kumamoto/Japan, A=Ohio/USA, F=Atessa/Italy, E=Barcelona/Spain
000992: serial number
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Watty

Post by Watty »

Thanks for that, it's defo an FY registered late! As far as numbers matching, everything on that side is correct, which I knew before handing money over! Hpi clear, all old mot's,mountains of history and even spoke to last 2 owners :D. Still happy with her, just automatically thought an 03 was an f3 :? Silly me!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!