Streetfighter questions?

General Bike chat
Frontslide

Streetfighter questions?

Post by Frontslide »

Don't particularly like the term "Streetfighter" but my vtr is of that ilk but not very nice so, the main hurdles are:-
what to do with the exposed clock's? i know the obvious answer is to make a nice case for them but i have limited facilities IE council lock up, no power, vice etc just wondering whether anyone had already done this, pics ? also what do you do with the 16 ton's of wiring forward of the headstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any pic's or ideas or both most welcome.... Timbo.... anyone :confused
firestarter1977

Re: Streetfighter questions?

Post by firestarter1977 »

i might be able to knock something up at work in alloy to cover the clocks and wires

would need the bike there tho to do it right

the thunder rolls on!!!
alan

Post by alan »

aye up Mark thought all the riff raff stayed on ccm riders uk :lol: :lol:

ccm604 al
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

alan wrote:aye up Mark thought all the riff raff stayed on ccm riders uk :lol: :lol:

ccm604 al
Eyup yooth looks like 3 of us strayed over here then :biggrin Your's looks well matey
Image You still got the tractor?
firestarter1977

hehe

which mark !!!

what happened to the tractor pal ??

i let one of mine go but kept the white one.

storm looks well tho

the thunder rolls on!!!
alan

Post by alan »

Ive been here a couple of year mate :D no ant got tractor no more it had a fight with a jaguar and lost bigtime :evil: :evil:
firestarter1977

ouch !

Hope u managed to escape any damage !

the thunder rolls on!!!
col73

Post by col73 »

Frontslide wrote:Don't particularly like the term "Streetfighter" but my vtr is of that ilk but not very nice so, the main hurdles are:-
what to do with the exposed clock's? i know the obvious answer is to make a nice case for them but i have limited facilities IE council lock up, no power, vice etc just wondering whether anyone had already done this, pics ? also what do you do with the 16 ton's of wiring forward of the headstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any pic's or ideas or both most welcome.... Timbo.... anyone :confused
I know exactly how you feel. When I first went to streetfighter my storm I took the fairings off, looked at all the wires and quickly put the fairings back on. The wiring isn't as bad as you think. I've put on acewell clocks and I haven't cut any off the old wiring. It's just a case of re-routing some wires and then hiding others. A lot are hid under the tank.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Col73,

You've certainly done a very good job with the front end, the Acewell clocks look really good. The bar risers, lights and digi dash all go together really well IMHO 8) 8)

Chris.
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

col73 wrote:
Frontslide wrote:Don't particularly like the term "Streetfighter" but my vtr is of that ilk but not very nice so, the main hurdles are:-
I know exactly how you feel. When I first went to streetfighter my storm I took the fairings off, looked at all the wires and quickly put the fairings back on. The wiring isn't as bad as you think. I've put on acewell clocks and I haven't cut any off the old wiring. It's just a case of re-routing some wires and then hiding others. A lot are hid under the tank.

Thats exactly what i wanted to see! thanks alot Col.
Youve made a cracking job of that looks really well how much the acewell?Image
satanzhand

Post by satanzhand »

col73, how is the wind with the fairings removed?... as I'm thinking about taking mine off.