First week with the Storm

General Bike chat
wilkoca

First week with the Storm

Post by wilkoca »

Well its almost a week

I bought the vtr off Claderman/Mark on Sat and to say i'm happy with the bike is an understatement.

Firstly i must say Mark was an absolute diamond the missus wanted to shoot off and he offered to run me back even if i didnt buy the bike.
Suffice to say that wasnt going to happen the bike was/is mint plus a few nice little touches that indicated to me that this was a bike that had been looked after.

The battery was flat but when we got her going my god the sound was amazing, ive tuned my subaru over the last 4 years and i have a love affair with that flat 4 burble - now i know why people preach about v twins.

Anyway as you can see im happy, i must say i cant stay off her, the riding style is sooo different plus after the crappy winter we've had most of the lanes i ride have massive potholes and sh1t all over the place so im still taking it easy.

A couple of questions - upright sitting and clip on's my wrist hurt more than the R1 even after a couple of miles - does anyone fit risers ect.

Perhaps i just need to get some practice in

twin headlight conversion maybe - has it been done

and finally where can i strap the 20l jerry can to increase the range - i can believe it took less fuel than my RD125

BTW have ridden the bike to work for the last 4 days and the missus still doent know :biggrin
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: First week with the Storm

Post by sirch345 »

Pleased too hear you're very happy with your new bike :D

Some have fitted bar risers and I'm sure wiil soon be along with details.

I've not found where to fit the jerry can yet either :lol:

Chris.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Hi mate,
ive fitted bar risers which bolt onto the top yoke and Renthals ,it makes a big difference :)

Another option is fitting Honda VFR bars ,available in different heights apparently,depending on year,....or you could fit the spacer type risers,such as GB Moto or Genmar ,which both raise the original bars around 19mm :) Usually available on ebay :!:

CLICK...http://gbmotoracingparts.co.uk/onlinesh ... hp?cPath=1

CLICK...Genmar http://www.equinoxmc.co.uk/index.php?ma ... cts_id=160

You can also buy a top yoke adapter kit complete with everything needed to do the conversion :!:

CLICK...http://www.streetfighterstore.com/comfo ... lebars/198

Lots of info on the forum if you do a search. :)
Last edited by bikerpiker on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

When I first got my Storm my wrists ached (particularly my tight wrist). After a short while I don't notice it. I only feel it now for the first mile of two on my right wrist, but can happily do 400 mile days without a problem.
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

glad to see your enjoying the fun, i rest my knuckles on bars and just use thumb and finger when cruising takes some of the strain off wrists. Tank bag close to body to rest on helps too.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.