Re: I'm about to go and do it too....

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

They all come back to the Firestorm at sometime :lol:

Well done Mike :thumbup:

At least you know the history with Kev's bike, and like your old bike, it's in bl**dy good condition.

Good luck in getting it, I think you might need it :wink2

Chris.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Well b*gger me with a chrstmas tree! Its not going to help your back though mate :biggrin Its a good one from the pictures I have seen. Enjoy buddy.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup:
SP1's rock!
kevg

Post by kevg »

FirestormMike wrote: So it's a trip up to the land of fish and oilrigs in the not too distant future :thumbup:
Happy ? oh yes.
LOL, there are bits of aberdeen that stink of fish to...near the fish factories (Torry), not the red light areas..ahem :roll:
cheerz

kev
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

:thumbup: Nice one Mike.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Sounds like a long haul matey :?

At least you've got the bike back now though, good work :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
kevg

Post by kevg »

Well, thats it sold...gone to a good home i think, after a service and some new tires i think it will be going fine again and i hope you enjoy the new bike when you can get out on her Mike.
pleasure doing business with you :D
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mike,
Pleased too hear you finally managed to get your bike from Kev :thumbup: I bet you were almost getting withdrawal symptoms with no bike outside in the shed/garage.

Kev,
I hope you weren't too upset to see her go, but at least you've still got Nutty's bike,

Chris.
kevg

Post by kevg »

sirch345 wrote: Kev,
I hope you weren't too upset to see her go, but at least you've still got Nutty's bike,

Chris.
Thats next mate, now we have Mikes money we're going to get it serviced, new tyres and MOT and put it up for sale. we were not using the bikes much and can't really justify having them sat there at the moment, i think i must have done about 500 miles on mine in the last year and a half, mostly going to work, and have other interests at the moment, like starting to train the dog up to pull us about the country.

Mike, i always had it on the optimate as the alarm drains the battery in a matter of days, but it was showing as week from time to time, it is still the origional battery thats in it so its nearly 8 years old, lol, hasn't done to bad. I changed the regulater last summer as it went tits up to so hopefully that will last you. i think once you've given it the once over and a bit of TLC it will go no problem.
cheerz

kev
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

Anyone want to buy a 2006 blade? Image Image Image

I know if I post on here it won't get sold :biggrin :lol:
Collywog19

Post by Collywog19 »

Nice one mike! your not far from me either!

Go on get yaself out with me on my storm!

Col
Bikes ftw!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:Still had another 2 in the garage Chris, FZR and minimoto. Nothing that would drag me out there in this cold to work on though.
Think I'm going to invest in a new battery, bought a new optimate yesterday but it doesn't take much turning over before the battery goes flat. On a plus note, the bike does it's best to fire up, so I'll be off out there to clean the carbs and put new spark plugs in soon.
That's not so bad then Mike, I'd forgotten about the minimoto :)

It does sound like the battery is not quite as good as it was when new I agree, but 8yrs is an excellent life for a battery as I'm sure you'll agree, most likely a Yuasa I expect. You won't get that from a cheaper after market one I doubt.

kevg wrote:
sirch345 wrote: Kev,

Chris.
Thats next mate, now we have Mikes money we're going to get it serviced, new tyres and MOT and put it up for sale. we were not using the bikes much and can't really justify having them sat there at the moment, i think i must have done about 500 miles on mine in the last year and a half, mostly going to work, and have other interests at the moment, like starting to train the dog up to pull us about the country.

Mike, i always had it on the optimate as the alarm drains the battery in a matter of days, but it was showing as week from time to time, it is still the origional battery thats in it so its nearly 8 years old, lol, hasn't done to bad. I changed the regulater last summer as it went tits up to so hopefully that will last you. i think once you've given it the once over and a bit of TLC it will go no problem.
I've just seen Nutty's advert Kev, so not so good on the bike front after all. But sometimes you have to do these things, I know.

Good luck with selling the Blade,

Chris.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Well done Mike, i'd love another Firestorm myself, but do find the Bandit a better riding position for me ,but still not great .

Plans for your bike ?.....Bling machine MK2 ?....... :wink:
Stevie
kevg

Post by kevg »

FirestormMike wrote:Not sure yet Stevie, Kevs mods are subtle, yet spot on. Probably keep it like it is. I want a set of standard indicators though (F02 spec)
sorry Mike i meant to give them away with you, i've just cut the plug off at the end, you can use bullet connectors to put them back on, i don't know how the back ones will look, or even fit as i have the mini's bolted through the undertray.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote: Bike's up and running now, changed the plugs and stuck a new battery in. Fired up straightaway :thumbup:
oil change tomorrow, then it'll be getting ready for the MOt man.
:thumbup: that's more like it Mike. It's surprising what difference a little more umph from the battery makes for starting, especially this time of the year :D

Chris.