Thinking of SP!

General Bike chat
cheekykev

Thinking of SP!

Post by cheekykev »

Hi,
can anyone help out there :confused i'm thinking of selling my VTR Firestorm :( and getting an SP! :D can anyone give me any tips on the good and bad things to look for when i go to view, do they have the same CCT problem as the Firestorm :thumbdown: what millage is it when they need a major service :thumbdown: i would be gratefull for any comments thanks, coz i could be viewing some as soon as tomorrow.
:thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Jbrebel

Re: Thinking of SP!

Post by Jbrebel »

FirestormMike wrote:I sold mine to a member on here and he's more than happy with it. :thumbup:
That'll be me then :D

Yep, more than happy.

It's an excellent bike.

What year/condition/price are you looking at?

Can't fault the SP-yes it's not got an ace tank range and comforts not top of the list.

But they're not at all about that-it's a laugh a minute and stand out-you don't see very many at all.
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

No problems at all bar the chopping board seat and shite fuelling at very small throttle openings (30 mph villages). Trust me when I say they are one of the best handling bikes out there. They are not sharp or flighty they just bury into the bend and let you really open the throttle hard and early. The SP2 has a redesigned swing arm and a few other less noticeable so called improvements (forks, few hp). The fuelling is apparently better but most SP1's will have a PC3 and dyno time so should be sorted. Look hard for crash damage most will have had a few track days but there are still some extremely low mileage examples around. Good luck, its an aquired taste but if it floats your boat there wont be many other bikes that come close (new stuff included).
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Buckers

Post by Buckers »

I loved my sp2. Beamish is right on the low rev chuggy-ness but I rode around it by staying in 1st when in town/traffic. Used the juice but sounded good.

Owning an sp2 also improved my throttle control cos of this. Awesome bike, not much less comfy than the vtr unless in town, and the knowledge of owning an HRC built and designed road machine (the last one to date) is special. My new cbr6 is a 'better' bike but the sp2 was special
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Thank's for the info guys,
Your comments have given me a good idea of what i'm letting myself in for, :Shock1:
I'm trying to get hold of a good well looked after one with low millage as i'll be using it as a 2nd bike to keep for years, untill now i've never been able to afford it, they've always been out of my piggy bank range, but i've always wanted an SP1 since they first came out dispite the pitfalls, you all know what i mean.
I'll be looking at the year 2000 models, looking at the ads in the MCN, Biktrader, Pistonheads etc it looks like i'll be paying about £3,500 for a good one, i know there are cheaper ones on the market but i don't mind paying a bit extra for a 1st class example,
what do you think guys, am i on the right track or am i living in a dream :?:
Oh does anyone know how much the dreaded 16000 mile service is liable to cost :cry: :cry:
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Well i think the reason for lack of interest is because in my opinion the best time to buy and worst time to sell a bike is in the winter, in and around xmas time and new year.
Guys are being ear bashed by partners :Wall: the usuall comments are the funds are low, the bills are coming in and you've got that f-----g thing stuck in the garage that you hardly ever use :Argue 1:
I might just use my practicle head and wait till then, but i'm like a kid in a toy shop at the moment, i want one now :Jump:
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Hi again,
Well i've been to look at one this afternoon, it was ok and seemed to be a genuine guy who was selling it, the only thing that put me off a little was it was a parallel import :confused i don't know much about imports so can anyone explain the pros and cons on buying a second hand one :?:
Like what you do
Do what you like
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cheekykev wrote:Hi again,
Well i've been to look at one this afternoon, it was ok and seemed to be a genuine guy who was selling it, the only thing that put me off a little was it was a parallel import :confused i don't know much about imports so can anyone explain the pros and cons on buying a second hand one :?:
shouldnt be much difference unless its a usa model..
check with your insurers cos they can be arsy about imports
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
snipper

Post by snipper »

im moving one on after 2 summers of fun nice un-molested bike
pulls like a train ..............
Item number: 130428768301 i'd take 2800 outside of ebay .... if you want some larger pics just email me :wink:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Hi Snipper :wave:
Any chance you send me some pics
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Hi :wave:
Well I've made the first move and put my Firestorm up for sale :cry: It's on Pistonhesds and MCN, there's a copy of the advert in the sales and wants section if anyone's interested.
I'm waiting for the outcome of one possible from Snipper, but other than that, I'm sruggling to find a good SP1, so if anyone knows anybody out there who's parting with one then please let me know :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
snipper

Post by snipper »

cheeky begger ..... you mean a lower milage minter :wink:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Sorry Snipper :silent:
Looks like i ruffled a few feathers there then hey :wink:
I didn’t mean to offend, I’m still waiting for the outcome of yours, it’s a bloody long way to come from the other side of Manchester just to find out it’s gone :Shock1:

PS, I’ve just sent you a PM.
Like what you do
Do what you like
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

This SP2 will be coming up for sale by a bloke on the Performance Bikes forum. 11K miles and as minty as a minty thing.....

He's based in Edinburgh.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Looks brill :D
How much do you think it will be going fo and what reg is it,
I just love the V Twins :boobs:
Like what you do
Do what you like