wish list

General Bike chat
METALDAN

Re: wish list

Post by METALDAN »

AMCQ46 wrote:Mate,
If I was looking for a tourer out of the bunch of bikes you suggested, your Blade is probabaly as good as, if not better [tank range!] than the Storm!

Might be an ideal job for one of them V4's though :lol:

to help with the decoding of Honda names:
VT = V Twin......so VTR is supposed to be V Twin racing [well for the SP anyway!]
VF = V Four.......so VFR etc

and no.......I cant tell you what CB means in CBR

Believe CBR stands for Canted Block
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:Trouble is, they take a bit of getting used to after an IL4.
yes.

dont try taking off from the lights at 6000rpm on a vee! Image
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydiecbr wrote:i always wanted a big v4 1000cc for touring my thoughts were sp1 or the firestorm .
but as i have a fireblade the sp1 was a no no . so late this year or early next year i will be getting one .
what are the the things that you think let the firestorm down ?
Lloydie,
Getting back to your original question :think:

My 2 pence worth. Out of the SP and the Firestorm, IMHO the Firestorm is more suited to touring than the SP. I know there are going to be the acception of a few who will disagree with that, but the SP1 or SP2 were never built with touring in mind.

The Firestorm main weaknesses are mainly just two, and if you have the later version (19ltr fuel tank model) just the one. That is the CCT's (cam chain tensioners) but, this can fairly easily be taken care of if sorted before one lets go.

The other known weakness I mentioned above for the earlier (16ltr fuel tank) models is the rectifier. The original fitment to these bikes was a non-finned rectifier. This meant without the cooling fins they over heated and consequently had a short life in most cased. If you're looking at a bike you can check to see if rectifier has fins on it by removing the seat. It's located on the righthand side of the bike (rear brake pedal side) in behind the tail seat plastic's.

HTH's

Chris.
woodworm19

Post by woodworm19 »

I travel to work every day on my storm , weekends away and track days ! Just love the bike and it handles each situation with ease , by the time you’re butt gets numb everyone’s ready for a cupper anyway !

But everyone’s different , you really have to try the bike to see if it’s right for you .
A bird in the hand shits on you’re wrist !

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Timbo said
Plently here tour on Storms and i know of one person who has toured on an SP (may be more), but he is rock hard and made of tougher stuff than most (post the tenner Pete, you know the address ).
It's in the post Bud :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

I've toured them both, well all three if you include little bro's CBR900 and they've all got their good and bad points. Personally the Firestorm is the best all rounder and it has an engine which can keep up with the rest. The other too are more sports focused and give a lot harsher ride....but they are so much more fun when it comes to giving it some.
Ideal world, put fuel injection in a storm and get the suspension sorted.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
pariah

Post by pariah »

Simple......
Just wish someone would make my hip better and then I can actually get to ride me bloody bike. Getting fed up of sitting here looking out the window at all the other peeps riding about. :(