Firestorm on ebay?

General Bike chat
Fazermike

Re: Firestorm on ebay?

Post by Fazermike »

I don't mind
was always partial to bananas!! :lol:
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Nice unmolested bargain! Hopefully just a console bulb and you're away. Double check the RR for unfinnyness

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

Wicky wrote:Nice unmolested bargain! Hopefully just a console bulb and you're away. Double check the RR for unfinnyness

Hope that is all it is!

Do you mean the Regulator/rectifier? Is this a weak point on Storms? and is there a better version available?
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Congrats mate! As for R/R yeah they are a weak point. The original is a square thing that overheats.

You'll want one with fins so it can dissipate the heat nicely. You can get a CBR125 R/R for a decent price in fleabay, beauty is they are plug and play.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Result! well done.

Now start looking for a matching seat cowl, manual ccts (he's said they're done, but that often means replaced with more standard ones) and get the RR replaced.
Then a quick carb balance and you're set for the summer!

Tank light might be sender or a connection fault, or plain and simple failed bulb.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

Picked it up today! looks fine but needs a bit of tlc I don't think the owner was much of a cleaner! other than that it runs just great! :thumbup: it's even got heated grips fitted :)

I did notice that the tank is a slightly paler colour to the rest of the bike so maybe it has been replaced in the past? My bike is an early model on a P plate does the yellow change with the later models?
The cct's have been replaced with standard ones so I might just fit stoppers to them...is there a specific length they need to be cut to?
I think that I might fit VFR800 clip-ons on it to improve the riding position too as being an old git my elbows were aching a bit after the ride home!
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

I'd get a few miles in before you think about changing the bars. I got sore wrists at low speeds when I rode mine for the fist couple of times but haven't noticed any discomfort since (20,000 miles including long days touring in France).

Oh, and I'm an old git too :D

Enjoy.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Search to workshop forums for stopper mod.

The stopper needs to be cut so that the plunger at maximum retract with the stopper in place is a bit shorted than the standard one as it comes out.
Typically around 9-11mm.

As to colour, yes, it went from the older Shining Pearl Yellow Y124 code to a paler shade later, so maybe it has a later tank.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

Thanks guys :thumbup: