Firestorm on ebay?

General Bike chat
Fazermike

Firestorm on ebay?

Post by Fazermike »

Hi,

watching a Firestorm on ebay and was wondering if it sounds ok to you Firestorm veterans?
It looks in pretty good condition!

He doesn't go into too much detail on the auction so I'm going to give him a call this evening and maybe go and see it as he is only 50 miles away!

Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/98-HONDA-VTR-FIRE ... 642wt_1141
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Wicky

Re: Firestorm on ebay?

Post by Wicky »

Seller says standard - so will probably need uprated R/R and CCTs fixing - check starter motor where lead goes under rubber hood for corrosion (just looked at friends with only 18000 miles and it was corroded to buggery) - check for squeaks from rear inkage.

r/t Clutch cover seems to show signs of having hit the deck so a thorough check on plastics etc for underlying damage

Probably £1200ish or what someone is prepared to pay for a froggie import
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Is that miles or kilometres?

Seems clean enough, depends what the reserve is, they're usually stupidly high for the first time of selling.

Gotta be worth £1200+, no more than £1500 for an import with that mileage, I would have thought.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

Asked a few questions about it and it's got the unmodified cct's still and the reserve is £1650! too much for an import with hight milage I don't think he will sell it at that price! :wtf:
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Probably added/recouping the cost of a brand new headlight unit (approx £300) when they can be picked up second-hand for £75 on ebay.
The headlight was replaced for a UK spec' at considerable cost - genuine Honda part.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

Seen a few more on my searches trawling through the net!

http://www.adtrader.co.uk/motoring/moto ... 2_cpn.html (bit of a hike but looks ok?)

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes ... GN-7555170 (original but pricey!)

http://www.adtrader.co.uk/motoring/moto ... 4_cpn.html (looks like a later model with the bigger tank but has some damage)

Let me know what you think? :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Fazermike, if you don't mind which colour bike you get, then I'd say the first one you've listed http://www.adtrader.co.uk/motoring/moto ... 2_cpn.html sounds like the best buy to me out of those three. It's advertised as only one previous owner and the mileage is low. You may even get the price down a little, as they also say part exchange, so the seller will have added a bit more to the price than he/she actually wants to allow for that.

The second one (is a bargain being advertised as a 2011 model :lol: if only it was) doesn't look a bad bike, but as you say more money and higher mileage.

The third one is another import bike.

Good advise I'd say so far on what to check, also note tyre wear, work on approximately £200 for a descent set of new tyres fitted. Also check the state of chain and sprockets, to replace these with a good quality set yourself will set you back around £100.

Good luck with your search.

Chris.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

That one owner yellow one is sold! doh!! :(
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Fazermike wrote:That one owner yellow one is sold! doh!! :(
Someone else obviously thought the same as me :wink:

Chris.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

:Cry1:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:) Fazermike don't give up, I'm sure you'll find a suitable bike if you keep looking :thumbup:

Chris.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

Been watching this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 808wt_1141

the guy told me the tentioners,shims and head stock bearing have been done recently.. and its only 50 miles away...1hr 30mins till it ends and it's at £880 at the moment! :think:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Cheap enough, as we're coming into the peak selling season, when prices will g up until mid/late summer.
Give it a go!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

Just won it for £1040! :Dancing1:

Will hopefully be picking it up on Saturday! :D
alec

Post by alec »

Nice one mate it looks good for a slower yellow model :thumbup:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image