Honda Engine paint

General Bike chat
macphray

Honda Engine paint

Post by macphray »

Hi just some info for the members .this might already be on here in a thread but it wont do any harm once again. I rang honda to ask if they could give me the gray paint for my clutch cover,As helpful as they were they informed me that honda do not sell or supply any bike paints.I was told that my best bet would be to ring a company called RS paint,sure enough they have the same paint but are unwilling to give you the code ,you can buy it in can form or aerosol can ,i was told i would need a primier so the total cost would be £52.20 so not cheap :wtf: .so am thinking sod it get a carbon cover of fleebay which will cover all issues .
RS claim to be able to match thousands of bike colours so it handy to know.

any thoughts let us all know cheers :thumbup:
Wicky

Re: Honda Engine paint

Post by Wicky »

Well done for chasing that - Sill £52 is taking the micky. masterdave hasn't been able to track the paint code either, so I'll pop down a local friendly automotive paint suppliers and see what they can realistically come up with.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

hi wicky. do you recall masterdave saying that orwells repainted his cover when it fell over in the ice last year. when i get a minute i was going to pop in and ask what paint they used? it was a very good match.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Righty - popped down to Gramic Supplies - Motor Factors painty people and matched a spare early model (97-01) alternator cover to a colour code (sample chart checked in outside light against cover).

For just £12 400ml of GCC7026 Dark Grey Metallic (with a hint of brown) ME068547BC should do the trick. Prepare surface by keying with wet&dry, decrease, mask up and prime with etch-primer before applying layers of finish. And to finish off use a petrol / oil resistant satin lacquer

https://www.pro-xl.co.uk/product/prosat ... n-lacquer/

For later models with the more goldy coloured covers owners might try HYCOTE vauxhall titanium pearl / halfords VAUXHALL TITANIUM SILVER

Here's a good write up an tidying a BMW cover

https://motorcycleinfo.co.uk/r1200gs-fr ... indexc878/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts