Straight Line Hero Tossers

General Bike chat

Straight Line Hero Tossers

Post by Image »

You know the type! I was late for a work course this morning and had to get from Glossop to Salford in 15 mins. Doing 50 I overtook a GSX doing 30. I think he saw it as an insult to his manhood or something. A couple of mins later on the motorway I was doing 110 and he hurtled past me at about 130. Got no probs with that. I was content at 110 and ok wth him ahead. But I knew, just KNEW I'd be passing him again the moment he had to do anything other than a straight line. Anyway, slight curve on the motorway and his speed dropped to 70 so I passed him (or as he saw it I was beating him). His speed went up to 100 and up my butt but then came the usual queue of traffic at the end of the m/way which I filtered through. At the lights I expected him to draw up along side but he didn't, he was a long way back trundling at 3mph with both feet brushing the ground.

I think we've all come across these straight line heroes, but there seems to be more of them lately. Maybe a lot of newbies with all the gear and no idea, or maybe something else?
tony.mon

Re: Straight Line Hero Tossers

Post by tony.mon »

Takes no skill at all to open the throttle and sit on it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.

Post by Image »

Very true but why so many of them lately?
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

tony.mon wrote:Takes no skill at all to open the throttle and sit on it.
Tell that to Pip Higham....... :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Maybe he's got a small one in his trousers and has to make up for it somewhere else, what a knob or is that no knob... :lol: I wouldn't even bother rising (no pun intended) to something like that, you just know you will catch up keeping at a lower speed. We are all held back by the system! traffic, lights etc. And you never know it could have even been plod teasing you into to speeding so they can tug you, but probably not.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Image wrote: I think we've all come across these straight line heroes, but there seems to be more of them lately. Maybe a lot of newbies with all the gear and no idea, or maybe something else?
probably passed their test last year, got a 600.
rode the 600 for a year then got the biggest bike they can afford to insure.
either that or passed their test 40 years ago, kids have grown up, midlife crisis, get a busa :roll:
cant ride for sh1t lol.
no wonder the statistics are rising.

see loads of them at the brew stops. bikes shiny as fook, all the new gear, go out on a 186mph bike and do 20 miles a week, tyres squared off to fook :Ball Kick:

tbh i think a lot of them think, oh, i'll just get a little 600, not realising that todays sports 600 are 165-170mph race bikes on the road lol.
if you've ridden a new gixxer or zx10 its easy to see how some of them sh1t themselves if the last bike they rode was a cb550k lol.

never mind. the ones that dont bin it are keeping the used bike market full of bargains, either that or they'll get banned.... how many cameras do you see in the twisties? theyre always on straights! :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

Yep all those clean leathers. :whatever You should see my scabby inherited set and my well worn 10 year old boots. In fact I should change my forum name to VtrTramp. :lol:

It's part of the fun of owning a bike thats older than the 'all the gear no idea' guys. You can piss all over them and think, who needs to spend 8 grand on a new bike?
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

This is nothing new, in 1985 I bought a Gpz 550, which I still have. Anyhoo at the time it was getting its first service there was an older bloke with a Gpz900R. He had brought it in because it kept dropping onto 3 pots. He had had this problem on a few occasions and each time had brought it back for the dealer to fix. The fix was to take it to the nearest dual carriageway and rag the nuts off it. They explained this to him and he looked sick, it terrified him at a pootle, so no way could he do it justice.

I always kick myself as he would have been so much happier on my little 550, mind you I would have killed myself on the 900!

Post by Image »

I think he thought I was racing him but I wasn't, I'd have speeded up easily enough if I had. I was just comfortably clogging it a bit as I was running late. When you see this type of guy going so slow the moment he gets road that he has to do anything, it makes you wonder what he'd do if he had to actually do something when he's panning it.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Furrybiker wrote:This is nothing new, in 1985 I bought a Gpz 550, which I still have. Anyhoo at the time it was getting its first service there was an older bloke with a Gpz900R. He had brought it in because it kept dropping onto 3 pots. He had had this problem on a few occasions and each time had brought it back for the dealer to fix. The fix was to take it to the nearest dual carriageway and rag the nuts off it. They explained this to him and he looked sick, it terrified him at a pootle, so no way could he do it justice.

I always kick myself as he would have been so much happier on my little 550, mind you I would have killed myself on the 900!

ahahah lol thats fkin funny as crouton!!! i can just see his face ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Must say i have noticed the Power Rangers turn the nose up at the Stroms and dont like being passed, never mind embarrassed on the bends hahaha
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033

Post by Image »

A lot of them mistake it for a bandit. Surprises em a bit when accelerating from the lights! :lol:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Image wrote:A lot of them mistake it for a bandit. Surprises em a bit when accelerating from the lights! :lol:
Not sure how you would mistake a bandit for a thumping twin exhaust storm mate lol
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

must be a straight line juggler next to you at the lights who only has eyes for anything suzuki-gzxr-1000-latest-model-with-kenny-loggins-stickers-and-bugstone-tyres-on who just cant decipher whether its a suzuki or not so registers anything without fairing as a bandit
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Maybe Images bike is so customized that it looks like one of those new Honduki's :lol: :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside